Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer

Options
  • 13-12-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

Just been banned by LuckyLloyd.

Reasons given were "trolling" and the PM contains links to three posts giving supposed evidence of same. I would suggest that this is more a case of the Mod in question having a personal dsilike of me than any attempt at trolling on my part. The posts he highlights are in no way an admission of trolling, but rather an attempt on my part to tell posters not to be so sensitive and not to reply to people they perceive as being on a wind up.

Heres the posts:

" http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63471170&postcount=11470

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63471101&postcount=11466

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63474222&postcount=11500

The above posts are tantamount to an admission of poor intentions when posting. Please make an effort to moderate your posting upon your return. You may make a complaint on this matter in Helpdesk if you so choose."

I realise its only a 7 day ban and not the end of the world but I still think such things are worth highlighting in a mod whom I have consistently found to be of a lesser standard than all of the other mods on the board who are excellent and very fair. If LuckyLloyd is honest he'll admit that this post has more to do with my ban than any other.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63471585&postcount=11482

I've PM'd LuckyLloyd regarding this matter, but have not received a satisfactory answer.

I don't epect the ban to be overturned, (and as I said its only 7 days anyway, not the end of the world) but his failings as a mod are nonetheless worth highlighting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Help Desk is the final level of escalation for issues regarding forum moderation. Please contact the CMods (Sparks or uberwolf) first, and should you not be satisfied with their response you may request admin intervention in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Thanks. Maybe in future a mod should tell a user they've banned of the proper procedures in the relevant PM. It'd save yourself a lot of trouble for one if mods did their duties correctly.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thanks. Maybe in future a mod should tell a user they've banned of the proper procedures in the relevant PM. It'd save yourself a lot of trouble for one if mods did their duties correctly.

It's worth noting that snide digs like that won't help your case at all. I suggest you don't post anything further on this thread until you've communicated with the CMods, and only then if you're not satisfied with their response.

Haven't receied a satisfactory reply from Cat Mods.

My main concern is that I've been accused of trolling, but the examples cited are not trolling in my book.

How can a United fan saying Rooney being a disgrace for diving be deemed trolling? If anythig its admirable in its honesty and unusually realistic for the soccer forum.

Also advising people to ignore trolls is another example given? Surely thats good advice, advice that mods have themselves given in the past? It certainly is on no way an admittance of same.

If these actiosn are really dee,ed trolling then I hope that other blatant cases of the same are going to be delt with in the same way now that this precedent has been set?

Thanks for reading.

Still awaiting a response here folks, whats the story?

• Advertisement

Sorry to bump this again folks but has anyone an answer for me at all?

I've made several attempts to post in this thread enquiring as to why this matter STILL has not been addressed on this forum weeks after the issue was raised by myself? Yet severl times these posts have never even appeared on the forum. Do I have to start another thread in order that this issue be looked over by the mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

a satisfactory reply from Cat Mods.

We can't make a guess at that would be. Some information on what was discussed and why it wasn't satisfactory might help. Coming back and just going "hrrmph" isn't exactly giving us much to go on.

Advertisement