Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hothouse Flowers PJ's Nightclub Dunmore 19th December 2009

Options
  • 13-12-2009 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Just flagging this and wondering if there would be a good attendance on the night.

I am not from the area and was just interested in peoples views?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

yes i would expect there to be a very decent crowd there alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you going there Rossaman1981?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm thinking of going myself...
    I wonder will there be tickets available at the door?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rossaman1981

Yes I will be there, they are keeping my tickets behind the bar. So I would guess you can pay on the door. Any idea of the capacity?

Yes I will be there, they are keeping my tickets behind the bar. So I would guess you can pay on the door. Any idea of the capacity?

Thanks for that!

Haven't a clue about the capacity though. Have never been to PJ's before...

• Advertisement

Great stuff it should be a good night they always put on a great show.

See you there then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

is it in the bar or niteclub? if its in the bar its not the biggest pub ever but the miteclub can hold a good few alright

mink_man wrote: »
    is it in the bar or niteclub? if its in the bar its not the biggest pub ever but the miteclub can hold a good few alright

Hmm, I want to go but I'm too lazy to go. I am supposed to be golfing in Dunmore earlier in the day but passed on it so I can watch the United match and then the Arsenal match and my sister is having her birthday party that night.

I know I'll be kicking myself if I don't go though...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm very, very surprised they went back to PJs, the last time they played there was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. No one would go near the dance floor. Everyone just stood staring at the band.

It was an odd night, Aslan got a great reception though and I'd expect the same this time.

It will be interesting to see what happens then as I have not been here before. I would say the band will try their utmost to get people to dance if all else fails I will take to the dance floor myself! You have been warned!

• Advertisement

I don't know...I feel like I'm raining on your parade here Ross (set the bar low and you won't be disappointed, so I'm lowering the bar here), but I heard that at the Volvo Ocean Race, they were pretty boring. Not too sure if I'm going now though, so much happening tomorrow...

I'll take my chance nothing ventured nothing gained!

I'll take my chance nothing ventured nothing gained!

I won't be going...:(

Let me know how it goes though!

Well it was certainily an experience alright!

Went to the bar area well before the gig and got talking to the lady behind the bar who was very friendly, picked my tickets up and had a drink. Got speaking to a few men at the bar one claimed to be "German John" the owner?

He reckoned there were coach loads of people coming from Roscommon and Galway and was expecting 400-500 people!

As it turned out the band opened to about 20 people and that was not including security and bar staff!

By the end of the night I would estimate there were 120 people there and the majority were fairly young claiming to be 18ish but looking more like 16?

I don't think I have ever witnessed so many young ladies teeter about in high heels and then fall in a heap when a beer mat is in front of them on the floor? The cobblers in Dunmore must have done a brisk trade on Monday morning!

The band were on great form coming on at 11.00 and finishing at 1.00.

I liked the venue although it was a bit cold but would have been fine if more had attended.

Thanks for the info beforehand from you all, it was appreciated.

I'm glad the band were good and that you enjoyed the night!

I don't know why bands would play in Dunmore really...Would have been better in Tuam, would get more of a crowd.

Advertisement