Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of credit from one phone to another?

• 13-12-2009 3:52pm

Hey guys,

I'm not exactly knowledgeable where mobile phones are concerned, so prepare for a silly question.

I have a phone with about €40 credit on it. However, the phone itself, physically, is knackered. This morning a few of the buttons decided to stop working, so I need a new phone.

If i go off and buy a new phone, is there any way i can transfer all my credit over to the new one? can I put the sim card into it, or can I ask Meteor to do it or anything at all?

Or is it just gone now?

Cheers to anyone able to help me out here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

The credit is not tied to your phone, it is tied to your SIM card. So as soon as you move your SIM card to a new phone, the credit will move with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

That's great guys.

The phone I'm gonna get doesn't seem to be available as an upgrade.

Can I ask, I wouldn't actually mind having a new phone number, so can i use my current sim in the new phone, and when the credit is gone, place the new Sim in, and get the new phone number and such?

Also, does anyone know if i buy this new phone, and use the new sim, will i be able to avail of Meteor's "free texts to any irish network when you top up by €20 per month" deal? or is that over and done now?

And finally (sorry for being a nuisance), has anyone ever used the Meteor.ie website to order a phone? If so, can you give an idea of how long I'll be waiting for it to arrive?

Cheers, and sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement