Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuck Schuldiner - The Father of Death Metal

Options
  • 13-12-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

8 years today since he lost his long battle with cancer. One of the best songwriters and guitarists ever I say.

Let's remember some of the great stuff he did:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

brilliant guitarist and brilliant band , lack of comprehension FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Crystal is so fcuking good. No surprise that it's top of the last.fm most played Death track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

are there any good tribute acts about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

One of my favourite bands and a brilliant guitarist. 'Voice of the Soul' is one of the best instrumentals I've heard.

For me, the best stuff is the later albums, specifically The Sound Of Perseverance. Just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Individual Thought Patterns and Human for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Risteard wrote: »
    One of my favourite bands and a brilliant guitarist. 'Voice of the Soul' is one of the best instrumentals I've heard.

For me, the best stuff is the later albums, specifically The Sound Of Perseverance. Just brilliant.

The last two albums are my favourite, Sound of Perseverance being a bit ahead of Symbolic. It's interesting to listen to all of Death's albums and just see how increasingly progressive they get. Control Denied's album is great also.

His mother and sister are currently trying to raise money in order to have the second Control Denied album produced, Chuck had recorded most of the guitar parts before he died. I think it's supposed to be released next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

RIP Chuck. Total legend. I'm wearing my Death t shirt right now:D

Advertisement