Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com completely ignoring my complaint

Options
  • 13-12-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

This has me very worked up at this stage.

Story is this time last year play.com had an exclusive pre order offer for Alexandra Burkes at the time upcoming album. Basically they were offering a deluxe exclusive double CD edition if ordered before new years eve last year. The album was meant to be released early this year but was delayed until October. I had no communication from them to say it had been delayed but that's no great surprise and doesn't bother me that much.

When the CD eventually arrives some 10 months later what arrives is the standard edition - no double CD as advertised, the packing slip does not refer to the double cd offer at all. The double CD limited edition was for sale on play.com at the higher price.

Their returns procedure is that you make a report which they promise to respond to within 24 hours. I made 4 seperate reports over the last 6 - 7 weeks and got no response other than the standard acknowkledgment of submitting the form email. At this stage they have taken off the option to report the item missing / damaged etc because it has been too long since the item was dispatched. I was never in a position to ask for a charge back becuase I paid with credit earned from selling stuff on play.com myself.

I know there's not much I can do other than keep emailing them and trying to contact them over the phone which is next to impossible but wanted to vent / let everyone know what a pain in the arse they are when things go wrong.

Advertisement