Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy sat nav here or in Aus??

Options
  • 13-12-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

If buying here is it easy to download the australia maps for it..does this cost extra???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Not worth buying it here really since you'll have to buy the Australian maps for somewhere in the region of €100 once you get over there. Better off just buying in Aus and getting the maps included. Of course, when you're coming home you'd then have to buy Irish maps at probably the same cost or you could do what we did and just sell it off before going home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

If you are going back, then consider you'll need the Irish maps anyway.

You can download the maps free using dodgy sources if you are that way inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

bw wrote: »
    If you are going back, then consider you'll need the Irish maps anyway.

You can download the maps free using dodgy sources if you are that way inclined.

Indeed, exacty what I've done. PM sent to OP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

If buying here is it easy to download the australia maps for it..does this cost extra???

Here , I recommend the Tom Tom its very good, then sell it on leaving. If your near Melbourne at the time my guys are always looking for Satnav's

Advertisement