Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Belfast cheaper then Newry Now ?

Options
  • 13-12-2009 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Im hearing now that Belfast is cheaper then Newry

So what does Belfast have that Newry doesnt have.

Is it really cheaper then Newry ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

Newry doesn't have a H&M, Zara but I can't think of anything else.

IN Belfast parkings a problem, true you pay in the quays in Newry but the buttercrane's free as as are many of the spaces around TKMaxx and parking in Soho carpark (beside the bus station) is only 30p an hour. Also there's an outlet with currys Smyths etc with free parking just outside the town

Lisburn, Portadown and Banbridge also offer the the shopping centre experience (probably with less hassle parking wise) however I think it's hard to beat Newry when it comes the amount of shops in close proximity. Belfast probably has more but you will have more hassle finding everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Belfast is far better for clothes shopping than Newry in my opinion. Not only does it have a wider range of stores (Esprit, House of Fraser, Zara for example) but it has flagship stores for NI meaning a wider range than you would get in the Newry (or elsewhere) stores. And you can always stop off in the Banbridge Outlet on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Souljacker wrote: »
    Newry doesn't have a H&M, Zara but I can't think of anything else.

IN Belfast parkings a problem, true you pay in the quays in Newry but the buttercrane's free as as are many of the spaces around TKMaxx and parking in Soho carpark (beside the bus station) is only 30p an hour. Also there's an outlet with currys Smyths etc with free parking just outside the town

Lisburn, Portadown and Banbridge also offer the the shopping centre experience (probably with less hassle parking wise) however I think it's hard to beat Newry when it comes the amount of shops in close proximity. Belfast probably has more but you will have more hassle finding everything.

Not so sure I agree here, one thing I love about Belfast is its size, pretty much all the good shopping is within walking distance. If you need to get to another shopping centre its never more than 10-20 mins away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Belfast has far more variety than Newry, plus plenty of non-shopping places to visit, if you stay for more than a day.
    The shops are all very near to each other and there is a great atmosphere up there, I was there for 4 days 2 weeks ago and loved it. It is just my perception, but I feel that the staff and people in Belfast are more friendly towards visitors than the staff in some shops in Newry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

how much to park in buttercrane now.the parking barriers are up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

horse7 wrote: »
    how much to park in buttercrane now.the parking barriers are up.

you should google it but I remember seeing an offer for saturday parking quite cheap when I was there a coupleof weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cdemt1

80p per hour the last time I was up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

no free hours?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

With the retail rate of euro / sterling at 1.21 this morning (official rate if you're buying £10m is 1.178), the savings in NI have all but disappeared.

Advertisement