Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking down a 2002??

• 13-12-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Would it be worth breaking down a 2002 car? Not much wrong with it but I have had it just sitting outside my house for a few months now.. It seems a shame to do this to a car that would probably go for another 10 years but I just dont wanna look at it anymore. What would peoples opinions here be and would it be too much hassle to go through with it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Aren't there any neighbours around who have fallen on hard times and could use it / do it up and make a few bob out of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭oxegen85

peasant wrote: »
    Aren't there any neighbours around who have fallen on hard times and could use it / do it up and make a few bob out of it?

its a fine car and im trying to sell it (admittedly im concentrating on selling other stuff than this car) but its annoying me now... you wouldnt even have to do it up.. but say if i went to a scrappage place would they offer me certain amounts for parts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Whats the car?

Stekelly wrote: »
    What is it?

nissan almera so i know it will keep going but moving away soon and just want to get everything sorted sooner rather than later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Breaking a classic like that seems like a crime, although you are in the same boat as many who have a car like that but realise after a while that they dont really use and probably dont really want to keep maintaining it.
    But I wouldnt just break it. Post on some of the classic car or BMW sites. I would have thought even in this climate you would get at least 5k for a working one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sandwich wrote: »
    Breaking a classic like that seems like a crime, although you are in the same boat as many who have a car like that but realise after a while that they dont really use and probably dont really want to keep maintaining it.
    But I wouldnt just break it. Post on some of the classic car or BMW sites. I would have thought even in this climate you would get at least 5k for a working one.

I think a reread is needed :) It's a 2002 Almera, not a BMW 2002.

oxegen85 wrote: »
    nissan almera
    Oops. Not a 2002 so:o

im assuming theres a lot of sarcasm in that??

Oops. Not a 2002 so:o

haha.. thought people were going a bit crazy there for a minute,,, btw what would you think an ALMERA would go for?? :)

• Advertisement

oxegen85 wrote: »
    im assuming theres a lot of sarcasm in that??

None at all. Sorry for the confusion.

Advertisement