Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some interesting fighting game video facts...

Options
  • 13-12-2009 7:38pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So youtube has new insight tools which give account users information on who is viewing your videos.

Some interesting stuff revealed about our little wars!

1)There are nearl 4,100 views of the 120 videos.

2) On it's most popular day, the channel was the 30th most popular Irish content provider on youtube, beating 98 fms channel among others!

3) The demographic viewing the videos is 100% male, between 25- 35.

Nerds.

4) By far and away, the most views come from Ireland and the UK. (No shock there).

5) Interestingly enough, we're getting about 10 a day from California- and a few from Texas, Washington, and a few other places in America.

6) There's really low but consistent views from Japan too!

7) Some of the more unusual places where there's been views include Senegal, Ecuador, Brazil, Peru, Indonesia and Chile.

8) There's been "community engagements" (people subscibing, favouriting, commenting or rating) from the following countries:

Greece :P

USA

Australia

Puerto Rico

I thought you might like to know who has been watching you all fight. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

3) The demographic viewing the videos is 100% male, between 25- 35.

Nerds.

Classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Boo i never got recorded! hah

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Always wanted a little insight into mine but of all the times I tried, it just tells you it's unable to fetch data. Could be a Firefox thing or bug, no idea. I don't think you need to activate any settings for it to record data so I just assume it's browser related.

It's a nice feature, though.

That happened to me dude! Turned out it was set to look at Africa only. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Its prob due to the nature of a wow vid versus a resi evil 4 vid. I played wow for a month or 2. I've never played resi evil 4, but a resi evil 5 vid would be more watchable as with a wow game play vid its kinda hard to know wtf is going on.

What's interesting when looking at the stats for vids is you can see when people stopped watching the vid, or replayed a particular part of the vid. Its a really cool feature on youtube I must say,

Funny you should mention that Ropey, I was considering doing a couple of interviews in Belfast, then I realised it was 3 am and my brain was trying to escape from my ears after 4 cans of redbull and a seemingly infinite amount of SF.

• Advertisement

Excuses, excuses! This is no time to be camera shy! :pac:

But seriously, it would add an extra loop to the channel. In a previous post I was about to rant about different layers and this and that but it's all tied to my channel so decided it's pointless dribble, but it is apparant in every channel. If you had SF4 Casuals, Tournament Footage [Beit fights or just recordings of the atmosphere etc], Interviews and thoughts, you'd be suprised how many people would be reeled in by the varied content.

It can be difficult to do, though, and probably best off done before events rather than after for obvious reasons.

Drop the Red Bull and go for Cappachino, that's what I do!

Don't drink tea or coffee :)

I may experiment at the next meet wandering round and asking a few q's with the doomcam. See how some judicious editing will help :)

Good stuff, bud, would be interesting to see the faces/thoughts behind the players ;)

I gave that feature a go, Cunny - It's suprisingly accurate. I just watched my Alucard v Ricther Fight and kept an eye on the wave/meter of 'attention'. Typicaly, the interest by default is above average until the middle battlescene (Ironically the interest soars up during a Shun Goku Satsu move) and it's at it's pinnacle just before the closing 5seconds of the fight. Once the credits roll, the wave is WAAAAYY below average.

How DARE they not sit through the 30seconds of credits!
    Bastards!

EDIT:
    Is this a feature exclusive to the movies author, or can we check the insight into any random vid on YouTube, regardless?

there's a stats option anyone can use but I don't think it's as-er- insightful as the one content providers get.

Hmmm you're right - There's a lack of Insight button to any on-author videos but I'm sure there are stats they can check either way.

All very nice features I must say - I'm subscribed to the channel but I never got any updates regarding more uploads - Did you say you have over 200 vids? Mind re-linking the channel incase I'm subbed to something different?

You're not subscribed actually, just checked. :)

Channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianVonDoom, there's 127 vids and counting. Currently processing videos on a netbook so they're uploading at a rate of 1 or 2 a day every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

theyre defo on to my chun, trying to steal my tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Placebo wrote: »

You're **** though Farz...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What tactics? Doing a wake up taunt and eating an ultra?

Then who (or what) the f00k am I subbed to, then? I remember browsing through the subbed list of certain Irish YouTubers connected to your chan, looking for it...

I'm just going to blame Leimrod for the sake of it.

**** sake, Leim :rolleyes: :pac:

I'd make a guess at either lanparty or kiki's channel?

Just to update on this, the famously Street Fighter centric countries of Israel, Jordan, and the UAE seem to have developed a taste for our vids?!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Awesome sauce, I believe is the term. Also, I get lonely being the only commenter, others should join in.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Awesome sauce, I believe is the term. Also, I get lonely being the only commenter, others should join in.

Is that you Paul154 or something? I'm scooochie4 on youtube, so i'll join you in the comments!

http://kakugm.blog27.fc2.com/blog-entry-24.html?xAEj0TXfbZk

I've been dribbling up some of the matches from the last Dragonslayers I was at, seems Cobelcog's made an impression in Japan...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ry wrote: »
    You're **** though Farz...

??????
    you're probably one of the worst players on the scene,
    which is why we have a seeding for you, so you dont always end up being knocked out at the start

http://kakugm.blog27.fc2.com/blog-entry-24.html?xAEj0TXfbZk

I've been dribbling up some of the matches from the last Dragonslayers I was at, seems Cobelcog's made an impression in Japan...

Google Chrome's translate extension for the win! Although there doesn't seem to be any writing on the page referring to the match...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

??????
    you're probably one of the worst players on the scene,
    which is why we have a seeding for you, so you dont always end up being knocked out at the start

Doesn't change the fact that you're **** :)

Woke up today to find that vlog basically made me the no 17 most watched Irish contributer to youtube yesterday...

Must tag more things with "diago" :D

Also if people are interested I am planning on getting all the stats together and posting them when my views hit 10,000 (which should be shortly).

• Advertisement

Woke up today to find that vlog basically made me the no 17 most watched Irish contributer to youtube yesterday...

Must tag more things with "diago" :D...

Try "Daigo" and I bet you'll be even higher :P

This guy left a comment on my D4RKONION youtube page saying
    "dude your cool I think you are even better than me in St4"

He is the Bison player. Azza you could learn a thing or two here.
    O_o
    No offence buddy, but I'd genuinely hope that I'm "even better than you in St4" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Woke up today to find that vlog basically made me the no 17 most watched Irish contributer to youtube yesterday

Beat number one biatch :pac:

Since it's technically Friday, I'm like number 44 now, but I was number one yesterday, with like 60K views (and counting) on the Hakan video :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Hakan!?

Ramza tell me your not one of those guys that takes other peoples videos and uploads them to his own channel to get views!

Tsk tsk ramza , tsk tsk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Noo the official IGN video

90% of my content is original anyways

Sisko wrote: »
    Hakan!?

Ramza tell me your not one of those guys that takes other peoples videos and uploads them to his own channel to get views!

Tsk tsk ramza , tsk tsk.

I put a Jim Carrey clip on my channel and now I'm the number 1 most viewed comedy clip in ireland with almost 7 million hits :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

epenis.jpg

That's all I'm getting :D

I'm not trying to be big or special Ropey, as I said waaaay back in the first post I thought people'd like to know as my channel basically consists of the users here doing their thing.

I think people'd get a kick knowing they're being viewed in Florida, Japan, and Uganda, for example :D

This thread is ****ing gay tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ry wrote: »
    This thread is ****ing gay tbh.

Farz?

Advertisement