Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbanning x360 HDD

Options
  • 13-12-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I know that there's a way of doing but seems too complicated for me with soldering and stuff. Just wondering if anyone'd done/tried to do it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I know that there's a way of doing but seems too complicated for me with soldering and stuff. Just wondering if anyone'd done/tried to do it yet?

If you're talking about recent bans THE XBOX CANNOT BE UNBANNED!!!! (unless you know your console's cpu key - which is very unlikely)

However there is a way to uncripple your console in meaning of hdd installs. There are about 7 wires to be soldered, 4-5 resistors and diode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

docentore wrote: »
    However there is a way to uncripple your console in meaning of hdd installs. There are about 7 wires to be soldered, 4-5 resistors and diode.

Hello there....do go on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Yes, im aware of the impossibility of returning the xbox to xbox live but im talking about being able to put games on the HDD only. Anyone ready to do it for me for a few bob?

Yes, im aware of the impossibility of returning the xbox to xbox live but im talking about being able to put games on the HDD only. Anyone ready to do it for me for a few bob?

I'd be interested in somebody offering this service too, I think. It's the only feature I really care about.

Corrupting the secdata.bin that was given to the console after banning will mean it resorts to the previous one (with enabled hard drive). I wonder how updates affect this...probably have to do the mod again.

well, I am able to do it, but it is time conusming and risky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

I've done this to 1 of mine, it's actually simple enough.
    Basically it's just the jtag hack wiring, used for a different purpose.
    The only mildly difficult part is the soldering, but if you take your time you'll be fine. Find some other pcb to practice on before you try soldering on the 360.
    You can pick up your resistors at maplin.
    The other ends of you cables are soldered into a DB25 plug or socket (whichever you have a cable for), and this connects to the parallel port on your pc.
    The 360 stores old secdata files as well as it's current one, so everything you need is already in your NAND.
    You had to hexedit when I did mine, but I think there is an automated way now, so it should be easy.
    I'm not sure if I can post schematics/links here. (Can I?)

I found the schematics on xbox-scene but my soldering is teh suck, last time I soldered was for the playstation one, and I bricked the console :(

Piece of advice for anyone with banned console and who wants to have it uncrippled:
    Don't install any updates (from games etc.) as the secdata backup can be overwritten. Just had one box which couldn't be recovered.

docentore wrote: »
    Piece of advice for anyone with banned console and who wants to have it uncrippled:
    Don't install any updates (from games etc.) as the secdata backup can be overwritten. Just had one box which couldn't be recovered.

I figured the secdata would be overwritten on the next flash.

Could you not copy the secdata backup (unbanned) and keep it handy in case all old backups are overwritten? Then drop it into the NAND when required in the right spot?

Some games are going to force dashboard updates, and unlike the Wii I don't think you can get around this :confused:

Advertisement