Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Laptop

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ddarraghh wrote: »
    have decided to deal with hp direct
    they have already tried to settle it by offering a nother charger
    i told them what will i do plug it in and wait to see if it goes on fire.
    will see what happens next

Seems a very strange response from HP.Did you tell them exactly what happened?A previous electronics manufacturer I worked for would of picked up this notebook the next day for inspection and told you not to use it in any circumstances for fear of liability.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Would you expect anything less???

The reason Curry's, PC World, Dixons (who are all operating under the umbrella of a holding company DSG) are able to sell you laptops and other equipment at the prices they do- is they get them from manufacturers without any warranty on the basis- that they provide the 1 year manufacturers warranty themselves. This means they get a discount of typically 15-18% over and above the wholesale price other retailers get. Yes- the service is poxy- complain to the manufacturer though- and perhaps they may move towards a different sales model (Dell did not renew its exclusive retail licence with DSG on the back of consumer complaints for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Anyone listen to G Ryan this morning? Chap on from an electronics retailer explaining these very points regarding lap tops and notebooks

Part 1 : http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2009/pc/pod-v-151209-15m14s-weeklyryan.mp3

Part 2 : http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2009/pc/pod-v-151209-38m14s-weeklyryan.mp3

Basicly he`s just confirmed what a lot of people with faulty laptops already know... the retailer wont deal with them saying its an issue for the manufacturer. Well newsflash buddy the contract is between the customer and the retailer not the customer and the manufactuer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ddarraghh

lads still no joy from hp still waiting on my charger which they posted me apparently on the 17th of december.
    almost a full month without my laptop,
    is there some law that the issue need to be resolved in a certain time frame ,am i entitled to a warranty extension .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

ddarraghh wrote: »
    lads still no joy from hp still waiting on my charger which they posted me apparently on the 17th of december.
    almost a full month without my laptop,
    is there some law that the issue need to be resolved in a certain time frame ,am i entitled to a warranty extension .

There is no law that gives an exact time frame. But you would expect it to be fixed within a reasonable amount of time. get in contact with HP and kick up a fuss. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Just Google "HP Laptop overheating".

Advertisement