Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News Reporting: "Berlusconi punched in the head at rally in Milan."

Options
  • 13-12-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Just on the wire now.

I suppose he should just be happy that somebody didnt take it further. He's probably due a box at this stage. Maybe this might convince Bertie not to continue with his lap of "honour" around the country promoting his book.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Just on the wire now.

I suppose he should just be happy that somebody didnt take it further. He's probably due a box at this stage. Maybe this might convince Bertie not to continue with his lap of "honour" around the country promoting his book.
    nasty,reports suggest he lost some teeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

triple-M wrote: »
    nasty,reports suggest he lost some teeth

Sky News says two "loose" teeth, so they're probably not even loose knowing Sky's over sensationalizing of these things. There's some footage of the scuffle on youtube but nothing taht shows the incident clearly. He does look visibly shaken by the event though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

First course of action for Silvio, sack his Defense minister, some help he was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

would I be insensitive by saying he had that dig coming a long time.
    All the media control and corruption in the world isn't going to stop a right hook to the the gob, thankfully. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I hope it hurts. The equivalent of the shoe thrower.:D I am embarrassed for the Italians with him as the PM. He is joke.

• Advertisement

He didnt give the John "ding ding" Prescott response anyway.. He just walked away. Prescott, the best "£ for £" politician in the world..

Sky have just downgraded the story to him having sustained just one loose tooth ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    I am embarrassed for the Italians with him as the PM. He is joke.
    we're hardly in a position to criticise tbh but nice to see a good news story all the same in these recessionary times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Hubris, meet nemesis.
    Mr Berlusconi had been greeting supporters in a square in Milan when the assault took place.

During the gathering he told supporters: "They paint me as a monster, but I don't think I am one - firstly because I am good-looking and secondly because I'm a decent chap".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

looks like he was hit with something else (not a punch)

An attacker hurled a statuette at Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi, striking the leader in the face at the end of a rally on Sunday and leaving the stunned 73-year-old media mogul with a bloodied mouth, police said.

zenno wrote: »
    An attacker hurled a statuette at Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi, striking the leader in the face at the end of a rally on Sunday and leaving the stunned 73-year-old media mogul with a bloodied mouth, police said.

Where you get this from Zenno? Sky are still reported it as him being "punched in the face".. Wouldnt be the first time they got it wrong.. Do they ever get it right.

The footage of him on the website showed him looking VERY visibly shocked. It is about time he got what he deserved though. He is an affront to everything that is decent. And to think there is European law against conflicts of interest with commercial companies (i.e. monopolies etc), yet they allow this man to run the media in his own country.. hypocritical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

could the OP change the title of this thread now in light of latest news reports.:D:D:D:D
    I'm glad to see there is justice in this world after all:rolleyes:

I've passed the blame back to Sky News. They are now reporting "One report said the attacker was holding a small model of Milan Cathedral."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've passed the blame back to Sky News. They are now reporting "One report said the attacker was holding a small model of Milan Cathedral."

Wouldn't be the first time that he's been attacked by the Church.

RTE the same and that the man( the attacker) has been suffering from mental problems for the last 10 years. Its probably the sanest thing the man has ever done.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Deja vu ,reminders of the pontification comments on the front line:D
    Berlusconi pwned!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ouch - Looks like Silvio isn't as popular as he reckons he is. I reckon the guy who did it is getting worked over in some jail cell right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Serves him right. Milan Cathedral is pretty pointy, it must have hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

This is great news. The man is a disgrace and an embaressment to his country. He actually makes our lot look half decent in comparision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

clown bag wrote: »
    would I be insensitive by saying he had that dig coming a long time.

Yes, frankly. Is violence justified when you don't agree with someone's politics? I don't think so.

Besides, the man is over 70 years old. Some of the comments on this thread are disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

Just on the wire now.

Leave Mr Ahern alone. (Fine lad, done well for himself.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

You have to laugh at this stuff ,or you end up as mad as the people who lash out like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

Silvio Berlusconi got what he deserved. He deserves to be punished for his corruption somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Silvio was getting what he deserved he'd be in prison, bent double with buggery.

mike65 wrote: »
    If Silvio was getting what he deserved he'd be in prison, bent double with buggery.

He would probably enjoy it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Fo Real wrote: »
    Yes, frankly. Is violence justified when you don't agree with someone's politics? I don't think so.

Besides, the man is over 70 years old. Some of the comments on this thread are disgusting.

Violence justified? depends on your definition of justified - Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini...

and come on you are right this poor little weak darling 70 yr old man would never ever ever even think of indirectly causing harm or threatening anyone ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Silvio Berlusconi is 73 years of age. Politics aside, anyone who would assault someone of that age is an absolute coward.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

If Mr. Berlusconi is guilty of illegal behavior then the Italian courts can deal with this (in their rather slow manner).
    Suggesting it is somehow fair play or just that an old man has had his face smashed in an assault & battery is contrary to any legal norms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Manach wrote: »
    If Mr. Berlusconi is guilty of illegal behavior then the Italian courts can deal with this (in their rather slow manner).
    Suggesting it is somehow fair play or just that an old man has had his face smashed in an assault & battery is contrary to any legal norms.

He owns the courts and the media. Sometimes a smack in the face is the only way to get through to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    He owns the courts and the media. Sometimes a smack in the face is the only way to get through to someone.

The only "message" here is that the guy who did this is mentally unbalanced, and prone to random fits of rage. His own father has said his son did not hate Berlusconi. So what has this incident gotten through to Berlusconi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'd like to offer to pay for the entire Green Party to visit Milan on an extended series of speaking engagements......

Advertisement