Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News Reporting: "Berlusconi punched in the head at rally in Milan."

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

Silvio Berlusconi is 73 years of age. Politics aside, anyone who would assault someone of that age is an absolute coward.
    Are you being ageist ?
    A 98 year old recently strangled a 100 year old. Does that make her an even bigger coward?

Berlusconi has spent his whole life mis-treating people, so shouldn't be surprised if someone has had enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

jacool wrote: »
    Are you being ageist ?

Are you being an idiot?

You shouldnt hit old people. No amount uber-PC drivel will ever change that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Are you being an idiot?

You shouldnt hit old people. No amount uber-PC drivel will ever change that fact.

Would you say the same if Robert Mugabe had been hit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Riddle101 wrote: »

Ah now. There's no comparison.

The only kind of "hit" Mugabe should get is something Silvio could possibly organise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Are you being an idiot?

I am sure his thugs or mafia friends have no problem with hitting old people. Besides Berlesconi will love this, be his chance to be the gentle leader and 'forgive' the poor mentally imbalanced chap who whacked him.. apart from the thousands of sane people who would love to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

Overheal wrote: »

lol the video makes it look like he got his by the hand of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He might actually gain additional support following this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

dsmythy wrote: »
    He might actually gain additional support following this incident.

A conspiracy theorist might even suggest this was a setup to rouse some much needed support (via pity/empathy/guilt) from the Italian public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The only real question should be - did it hit him hard enough to knock some sense into him?

2008-07-14-il-presidente-berlusconi-puritanical-view.jpg

A conspiracy theorist might even suggest this was a setup to rouse some much needed support (via pity/empathy/guilt) from the Italian public.

When you look at the video it looks like he only got a tap, and then he put his hand to his face and all of a sudden he had lot's of blood on him, he could easily have concealed something to make it look like he was in real pain. I think that's all the ammo a conspiracy theorist would need anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

If only it had ended him, the guy is like a real life Mr. Burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I wasn't there, I didn't see the incident, I didn't hear from anyone that did or see it nor did I watch any news footage.

- But I can say with absolute certainty that he definitely was not hit hard enough or as many times as necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Riddle101 wrote: »

Robert Mugabe's policies have led to starvation in a country that once fed southern Africa, and has publically likened himself to Hitler. Its hardly the same context. But I'd prefer to see him die alone in a jail cell than be hit in the face.

Anyway, you're all disturbed. Treating a violent lunatic like a hero for assaulting an old man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Anyway, you're all disturbed. Treating a violent lunatic like a hero for assaulting an old man.

He should have done a John Prescott on the guy (who looks disturbingly like the guy who ranted like a looney on Frontline!)..

GALLERYS1030061162235943_pic1_prescott_punch.jpg

(He also looks a bit like Diarmud Gavin, come to think of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Berlusconi's approval rating has improved following the attack.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1220/berlusconi.html

Advertisement