Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who would you like to see as next liverpool manager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

population wrote: »
    It astounds me that people think Rafa is what's wrong with Liverpool:rolleyes:

Yeah imagine people calling into question a guy who hasn't won a trophy going on 4 years, hasn't won more than 3 of his last 15 games, has overseen his team being dumped out of the Carling Cup and Champions League, as well as the title race.

He's clearly doing an outstanding job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hate to be a spoil sport, but that picture DOES make sense.

He's filtering sea water to try and make it drinkable. Anyone who's ran out of drinking water when camping will sympathise with it. You lot should get out a bit more ;)

Assuming that that is an everyday consumer grade water filter then it doesn't actually make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Something like the Ebbsfleet United model where the fans pick the team and vote on transfers. Plus it saves on big wages for a manager. The team could sit around a laptop at halftime pressing F5 waiting for instructions from RAWK or the liverpool boards match thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebbsfleet_United_F.C.
    Since February 2008, the club has been owned by the web-based venture MyFootballClub, whose members may vote on team selection and player transfers, instead of those decisions being made exclusively by the club's management and staff as at most other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Assuming that that is an everyday consumer grade water filter then it doesn't actually make sense.

THE PLOT THICKENS IMO!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Something like the Ebbsfleet United model where the fans pick the team and vote on transfers. Plus it saves on big wages for a manager. The team could sit around a laptop at halftime pressing F5 waiting for instructions from RAWK or the liverpool boards match thread.

Are you joking??!!!!!! We'd have The Muppet and Boggles and Headshot all signing up trying to pick the team. They'd be putting Ngog in goal and all sorts of shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Mourinho earns about twice as much as Rafa every year, maybe more.

peope suggesting him are only highlighting how clueless they are about the situation our club is in at the minute.

So Mourinho is on at least £8m per year, really ?

I find that hard to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hate to be a spoil sport, but that picture DOES make sense.

He's filtering sea water to try and make it drinkable. Anyone who's ran out of drinking water when camping will sympathise with it. You lot should get out a bit more ;)

How would he drink it through his Darth Vader face-grille without taking his mask off and thus dying of asphyxiation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

population wrote: »
    It astounds me that people think Rafa is what's wrong with Liverpool:rolleyes:
    Never underestimate how stupid the average football fan is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Never underestimate how stupid the average football fan is.

Priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Priceless.
    What is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Beach Ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Also consider that Darth Vader is a fictional character who doesn't have a fictional mouth it makes even less sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

jaykay74 wrote: »

Maybe not...
    Just 18 months after buying Ebbsfleet for £635,000, the MyFootballClub dream is dead. Members have voted overwhelmingly to scrap the team selector which was never used. They voted to buy the operating system from founder Will Brooks for £15,000. He previously took 21 per cent of membership fees to cover the cost of running the site. Ebbsfleet is now effectively a fans' club. At renewals day in February, 21,000 members disappeared. Cashflow went through the floor and the manager was forced to release all but three of his squad. With a playing budget of just over £6,000 a week, the Conference side now look likely candidates for relegation. The club are facing annual losses of £250,000, and they need at least 2,500 of their 9,000 current members to stump up a membership fee increased by 65 per cent to £100.

http://footballeconomy.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bandit12 wrote: »
    What is?

japan 4

• Advertisement

Meh, still a better solution than Klinnsman. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bump

Phil Brown, he is a lovely lovely chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Neil Warnock :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rosco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Roddy Collins with Pat Dolan as director of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

In before the Gary Breen player-manager!

Liverpool better not be coming over to Tallaght to try and turn Michael O Neill's head, that's all I'm saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

stovelid wrote: »
    Liverpool better not be coming over to Tallaght to try and turn Michael O Neill's head, that's all I'm saying.
    Just in on rte Gillet and Hicks and the new Chairman seen having Lunch with him during the Chelsea game :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Roy Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Martin Jol will get the job. From a reliable source;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Yeah, Roy Hodgson is definitely the man.
    Has one more big job left in him apparently and fcuk knows tis a job and a half.

Otherwise The King.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

The next manager will and still be Rafael Benitez...

Martin Jol will get the job. From a reliable source;)
    Roy Keane to get the job :pac:

Pete M. wrote: »
    Otherwise The King.

He died in 1977? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the fact that Woy isn't in the poll and didn't get one mention in this thread up until today shows how fickle and shortsighted some football fans are.

the fact that Woy isn't in the poll and didn't get one mention in this thread up until today shows how fickle and shortsighted some football fans are.
    How much could you afford to pay a manager out of curiosity because a lot on that list would be extremly expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Again his away form not great Mr Alan. Got didnt realize this thread was so old. Memories flooding back now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Rafa's son

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i dont see anybody on the list suceeding Rafa personally.

More serious yet decent suggestions:

Pellegrino
    Hodgsen
    Grant
    Sven
    Martin Jol

To be honest Thinking about it If a manager comes in and has no money to spend he's going to be stuck with rafa's team and probably unable to change the team so that it suits him and his style which could mean another season of 5-7th place

To be honest Thinking about it If a manager comes in and has no money to spend he's going to be stuck with rafa's team and probably unable to change the team so that it suits him and his style which could mean another season of 5-7th place
    Carra's name (with Dalglish in an advisory capacity) was even mentioned in article in Pool main thread. But can't see it happening. Will be an interesting summer all the same.

Stevie Gerard as player manager. It worked with kenny in the 80's. How can it fail ?

or McClaren since he will be flavour of the week for the dutch title win. say yesh to Steve Mc.

Have requested that Roy Hodgson be added to the poll to keep you minions happy. talk about your mission impossible :D Thanks Mod. Owe you one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Maybe a thread on who do you realistically see being Liverpool manager next season.

Anyone choosing anyone other than Jose in this poll is a lunatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Have requested that Roy Hodgson be added to the poll to keep you minions happy. talk about your mission impossible :D Thanks Mod. Owe you one.

Can you get Rafa's name added as well?? I pick him!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

already voted for other but id say us minions would choose Mourinho if we were Liverpool fans as pointed out below but in a realistic poll id say Hodgson would be a frontrunner.
    Maybe a thread on who do you realistically see being Liverpool manager next season.

first point i agree with, second well only if your a liverpool fan :Pac:
    monkey9 wrote:

well he cant be the next Liverpool manager as he is the current liverpool manager

monkey9 wrote: »
    As he is the current manager, he can hardly be the next one as well now can he ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ronnie Whelan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Avram Grant FTW.

You heard it here first!!

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Avram Grant FTW.

You heard it here first!!
    They call him the Cuckoo. Always popping out when ever a job becomes available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I rate Hiddink higher tbh but thats just me I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I wouldn't mind to see Hodgson, Mourinhio, Mancini, Fenlon, Grant or McClaren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sammy Lee or Roy Keane

Personally speaking I would like to see Louis Van Gaal get it. And it looks as if Hodgson has ruled himself out of the reckoning.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6130205,00.html
    Roy Hodgson insists he is happy at Fulham after speculation linking him with a move to Liverpool.

The Cottagers manager has been revered of late for the job he has done at Fulham, after guiding them to a Europa League final to be played against Atletico Madrid later this month.

His side have come on leaps and bounds since they narrowly avoided relegation in the 2007/08 campaign, and Hodgson has been tipped to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager in recent weeks.

With matters at Liverpool clouded in uncertainty and Rafa Benitez's position reportedly on a knife edge, the Fulham boss has now been linked with a move to Anfield.

However, the experienced tactician has dismissed such suggestions and insists he is happy at Craven Cottage.

"I am happy here at Fulham," he said. "I have got a contract here at Fulham. I am happy with the job I am doing.

"My name is sufficiently strong at the moment to be linked with other jobs and, of course, that is flattering and it is nice to hear.

"But as far as I am concerned it is speculation because I am at Fulham.

"We all prefer praise to criticism and love to hatred. It would be ludicrous to suggest I am not enjoying people saying and writing nice things about me and the team.

"But I am trying to keep a level head and keep things in perspective."

Fulham managed a 3-2 win over West Ham in the Premier League on Sunday but all eyes are geared towards that Hamburg final on 12th May.

• Advertisement
Advertisement