Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who would you like to see as next liverpool manager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

stovelid wrote: »
    He died in 1977? :confused:

Yeah right, he's just waiting for the right opportunity to make a come back in premier league management. Can't sing anymore, but he is all about total football now.
    Press conferences would be even better than with Rafa.
    Looks well for his age hah?

RedElvis-716814.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

how many of these f*cking Rafa/Liverpool manager threads are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Most of them in the thread cemetary at this stage. Rest in peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The Muppet.

What's with all these polls about Rafa? He's the best man for the job, look at all he has achieved, Who could possible replace him and do a better job?

Football fans can be so fickle.

If Rafa does go, Hodgson will get the gig if Liverpool can afford him.

For anyone still interested in actually debating the topic, this the latest from Tony Barrett from the Times
    Rafael Benítez will tell Liverpool that only a cast-iron commitment allowing him to invest all of the proceeds from player sales this summer will tempt him to remain at Anfield.

Amid mounting concern that Fernando Torres will seek a move to a club with genuine prospects of challenging for domestic and European titles, Benítez is weighing up the offer to become Juventus coach.

The Liverpool manager has been given until Monday to accept an offer of a four-year, £16 million contract and he has consistently refused to rule himself out of the running for one of the leading jobs in Italian football. But should Martin Broughton, the Liverpool chairman, offer the manager a guarantee that revenue from player sales will not be diverted to service the club’s £237 million debt, Benítez could be swayed from bringing his six-year tenure at Anfield to an end.

Benítez is due to convene with Broughton for the first time this week in a meeting that is sure to involve a full and frank exchange of views. Liverpool officials remain unimpressed with Benítez’s flirtation with a rival club, while the Spaniard is unhappy that he has not been given any pledges after requesting clarity about his position and Liverpool’s transfer policy.
    Related Links

The situation regarding Torres is of particular concern, with Manchester City believed to be willing to pay about £70 million for the forward should he be willing to leave Liverpool. Senior Anfield figures insist that the 26-year-old is not for sale at any price, but Torres is deeply concerned by Liverpool’s deterioration over the past 12 months.

He could ask for a transfer and Benítez wants to ensure that he will be given the proceeds of a sale should his record signing depart. The Liverpool manager’s attempts to force the issue on transfer policy are born of his frustration at events last summer, having claimed that promises regarding available funding, made before he signed a new five-year contract last March, were not kept.

That charge is disputed by Anfield officials who insist the club spent about £18 million net, a figure that they claim was in keeping with the amount they had promised their manager.

This summer, Benítez’s transfer pot would not exceed £15 million unless it is enhanced by the proceeds of outgoing transfers. The problem for Benítez is that the club have decided that there will be no great attempts to convince him to stay.

Given the £16 million compensation package that would be due to him in the event of being dismissed, the offer from Juventus could suit all parties.

The uncertainty surrounding Benítez’s position is having an impact on the Liverpool squad with several players admitting that they are unclear about what the future holds.

As well as questions about Torres, there are doubts over whether Steven Gerrard will remain and Javier Mascherano has yet to sign the contract that has been verbally agreed. Yossi Benayoun has said he could depart, while Lucas Leiva has revealed how uncertainty is affecting the playing staff.

“It is difficult to speak about next season, as we don’t know what changes there will be with the players or the staff,” Benayoun said. “I don’t know whether I will be here or if I won’t. In a few weeks we will know better.”

Lucas said: “Everyone is aware of the doubts over Rafa’s future. But we do not know what is going to happen.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Is there any real truth surrounding the rumours of Torres being sought after by City and do ye think he would go there????

Sorry, just realised I've gone off topic!!! Eek

Is there any real truth surrounding the rumours of Torres being sought after by City and do ye think he would go there????

Sorry, just realised I've gone off topic!!! Eek
    Torres will not hang around long if the team remains the same. I don't see a player of his quality being content with playing for Europa league football which is the likely prospect if we keep on going the way we are going.
    The club needs to seriously have a think about whether they want to hold onto Torres or not.
    And as stated in article even if we sell him its no gaurentee the money we get off sale will be spent solely on transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Amid mounting concern that Fernando Torres will seek a move to a club with genuine prospects of challenging for domestic and European titles

The situation regarding Torres is of particular concern, with Manchester City believed to be willing to pay about £70 million for the forward should he be willing to leave Liverpool

shaq.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

rossie1977 wrote: »
    shaq.gif

Now that IS funny!!!!:D

I doubt if it will be as funny watching Torres walk out the Liverpool door to another club, even if it is City!!!

The funny thing is City with the money they have will be very strong in next few years

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Liverpool need to get rid of Benitez and get some úber wealthy sugar daddy to save the club from becoming Leeds Utd (promoted today mind)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i would like to see Jose Mourinho come in, i think he could work with the players he would have and could insure a few big names would come to liverpool.

I doubt he'll go to City to play in an average team tbh.

If he does leave I'd imagine it will be Chelsea or Barca.

If he leaves it will be to win trophies something which is unlikely at city imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I would like to see a manager come on who would make Liverpool get more league points than anyone else next season which would allow us to win the league because to win the league we would need to get more points than anyone else and in so getting more league points than anyone else that would enable us to win the league by getting more points than anyone else which is what you need to do to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i would like to see Jose Mourinho come in, i think he could work with the players he would have and could insure a few big names would come to liverpool.

seriously...

wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Benitez ends up going the next manager of Liverpool football club should be a guy who brings exciting entertaining football.

Liverpool are a huge club worldwide and they need to keep attracting new fans who will buy a jersey and keep them up there as one of the top clubs.

Next year with them not being in the Champion's league they will be forgotten about abroad by a lot of people. Personally I dread watching them playing and its because you just know its most likely going to be 90 minutes of dreary defense first football and not many goals.

That is the big problem with Benitez, nobody likes watching his teams play except the fans of the club.

Even if you don't support Chelsea, Manchester United and particularly Arsenal you will still enjoy any game they play in because of the likelyhood of beautiful football and lot of goals.

City are very exciting to watch now, Villa are not the most attractive but they are still far more attractive to watch than Liverpool. Tottenham play really entertaining football too.

So for me that rules out Mourinho(who wouldn't go there anyways imo).

The guys that I think would be good for Liverpool as a club are Bernd Schuster, Frank Rijkaard, Michael Laudrup or Gregorio Manzano.

The likes of Michel who has done wonders at Getafe is another to consider although his football would not be nearly as entertaining.

Personally if it was my decision I'd take a chance and try and get Roberto DiMatteo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Serious rumour going round today can't name source Rafa gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

^ (referring to eagle eye)

What did you think of the goals galore his team scored in the run in last season? Rafa's team not scoring any goals is a myth. What has ****ed him up this season is, scarily, basically every player under performing or being injured.

Boskowski wrote: »

1) how convenient ;)

2) knowing you'll be ridiculed with a lack of revealable source, why did you post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I heard he was still Liverpol manager.

But I can't possibly reveal my sauce.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I heard he was still Liverpol manager.

But I can't possibly reveal my sauce.

Can I have the recipe? ;)

Serious rumour going around today world will end tomorrow can't name source.:pac:

poor effort

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Can I have the recipe? ;)

A heavy dollop of bullsh*t with a dash of fabrication

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rarnes1 wrote: »
    poor effort

was thinking the same

they dont make like they use to eh

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    was thinking the same

I prefer when they don't have a brain tbh.

Because if I named source I'd be even more ridiculed? Just wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

eagle eye wrote: »
    Serious rumour going around today world will end tomorrow can't name source.:pac:

It's God, isn't it??? He's pissed off that Robbie Fowler has aquired his name and now he's taking his revenge.

Headshot wrote: »
    was thinking the same

He could have at least made a story up.

€20 it's NOTW.

:D

• Advertisement

Is the source the NOTW ?? :pac:

EDIT Too quick for me Slick !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this the same source as (not) seen here?

Awesome.

if Rafa is on the touchline for the game against Hull tomorrow, will you pop back to this thread....to apologise for being full of ****?

SlickRic wrote: »
    €20 it's NOTW.

:D
    Is the source the NOTW ?? :pac:

That Beasley ****, I knew it was him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He could have at least made a story up.

like the old classic " i head it from a taxi driver" :D

Okay I think we may have found the source, Daily Fail so you should don these first

521.jpg

mike65 wrote: »
    Okay I think we may have found the source, Daily Fail so you should don these first

That **** ain't even funny, I'd balk if these ****ers wanted Rafa out so much that they would waive the £16m compensation that they would be owed.

Well mock me all you want. Heard it from relative of pl player who is friends with pool player. Whatever

Well mock me all you want. Heard it from relative of pl player who is friends with pool player. Whatever
    Nearly as good a source as my brother's wife's cousin's best mate's sister's uncle's granny's sister's niece's husband's brother's best mate who is mates with Steven Gerrard's wife's cousin's father's brother's best mate's girfriend's brother.

• Advertisement

17-I-lol.jpg

Wait, more news just in (fcuk you can tell its Sunday in a few minutes)

Torres to City for 40 million and Rafa to stay put - exclusive!

I guess so but I didn't realize it was going to be this well received

I guess so but I didn't realize it was going to be this well received

Any more exclusives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Roy Keane for next Liverpool manager ;)

curry-muff wrote: »
    Roy Keane for next Liverpool manager ;)

There would be a worldwide meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

There would be a worldwide meltdown

No I think they'd save the worldwide meltdown for when Gary Neville is named as Liverpool Manager :D

Well I guess I didn't deserve any better and learned a valuable forum lesson today.
    However, call me gullible or a troll or whatever but I have no motivation on trolling and don't give a poop about pool and I found the source and the info authentic enough to pass it on.

While I find it reasonable enough to take such unverifiable info with a pinch of salt and with a for-what-it's-worth approach - I would do so myself - you guys are quite frankly behaving like a bunch of ten year olds.

Anyway, lets leave it at that but you might remember this exchange a few days from now...maybe tomorrow even

Well I guess I didn't deserve any better and learned a valuable forum lesson today.
    However, call me gullible or a troll or whatever but I have no motivation on trolling and don't give a poop about pool and I found the source and the info authentic enough to pass it on.

While I find it reasonable enough to take such unverifiable info with a pinch of salt and with a for-what-it's-worth approach - I would do so myself - you guys are quite frankly behaving like a bunch of ten year olds.

Anyway, lets leave it at that but you might remember this exchange a few days from now...maybe tomorrow even

the reason people didn't take too well to it is simply that we've been hearing the same stuff from "friends of friends of friends" etc for months, without a single instance of it proving to be anything other than total horse****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    the reason people didn't take too well to it is simply that we've been hearing the same stuff from "friends of friends of friends" etc for months, without a single instance of it proving to be anything other than total horse****.

Press Conference in the morning!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement