Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a foundation

• 13-12-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

I've been using L'Oreal Infallible for a few years. Swapped to a few other foundations now and again out of boredom but I keep going back to it. Sometimes though on off days I don't think it has quite as much coverage as I'd like. The most coverage foundation I've ever used was Double Wear and thought it was way too much. Is Double Wear Light good? Or could anyone recommend a foundation that has good coverage but not as much as Double Wear, something in between would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Try Revlon Colour Stay-it's good coverage + theres 2 versions, 1 for oily/combination skin and another for normal/dry..think its about €20.

I've heard bad stuff about Double Wear Light.

U could also try MAC Studio Fix Fluid-excellent coverage + staying power although it can dry out your skin...just depends on your skin type really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

+1 on Revlon Colorstay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

I use Double Wear Light and find it the best foundation I've ever tried. I've been using it for 2 years now and although I wandered off to try other ones now and again I always come back to it

Drop into an EL counter and they're pretty good at giving samples so you can try before you buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hornyfemale

I love double wear but find it very heavy for everyday

Recently purchase MAC Sculpt foundation abroad. No one at an Irish counter ever suggested it to be. Full coverage foundation but doesn't have the last power of double wear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There's a new version of Double-Wear called Double-Wear Light afaik. That might be more up your street. Mac Studio Fix Fluid is also quite good for staying power. Put powder over for a longer-lasting finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Got the Revlon Colourstay today so will give it a go. Just letting you know that it's 3 for 2 on Revlon make up at the moment in Boots if you want to stock up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

Had the very same problem, loved double wear, but hated that it seemed to soak into my skin and was hard to cleanse off. Am now trying out lucidity. Would love to get something cheaper though, but my skin is sensitive. Let us know how you get on with the revlon!
    Have used origins next of skin in the past has good coverage but think my skin is tired of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Try the L'Oreal True Match, it's great! Blends really well and comes in a really good range of colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

susanroth wrote: »
    Had the very same problem, loved double wear, but hated that it seemed to soak into my skin and was hard to cleanse off. Am now trying out lucidity. Would love to get something cheaper though, but my skin is sensitive. Let us know how you get on with the revlon!
    Have used origins next of skin in the past has good coverage but think my skin is tired of it

Tried the Colourstay today and really liked it, good coverage and it dries well without being gloopy. The only thing I didn't like was the bottle, there's no pump and it's a bit messy but overall I'm happy with it. Plus it's 3 for 2 in Boots at the moment :)
    Magenta wrote: »
    Try the L'Oreal True Match, it's great! Blends really well and comes in a really good range of colours.

Hate the feeling of True Match for some reason, find it too greasy or something? Much preferred Infalliable.

Advertisement