Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATM Killing in the Name Christmas No.1??

Options
  • 13-12-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

The odds for Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name' to get to Number One spot ahead of this year's X Factor winner, has dropped from 100-1 to 3-1.

The Facebook group which is urging members to download the song on December 13, has got bookmakers worried.

"The X Factor has had a monopoly over the Christmas number one but there is a real buzz about 'Rage Against The Machine'." William Hill's Rupert Adams said. "We might just have the biggest upset in Christmas chart History!" He added.

The campaign, which currently has over 645,00 members, has already seen X Factor judge Simon Cowell brand the campaign as "Stupid" and "Cynical".

http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48847

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Well i'm gonna be downloading it, be awesome to watch Top of the Pops on Christmas day and just be hearing "Fuck you i won't do what ya tell me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If Jeff Buckley couldnt do it last year then what hope does this have?

Nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Why Killing in the name of out of all the songs ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

They had a meeting and decided Wake Up was less Christmassy...Killing In The Name has a cowbell......which is all kinds of Christmassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Any way we can but this and make the purchase add to the UK chart?
    If I buy it on iTunes it goes towards the Irish Chart right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

nedtheshed wrote: »
    If Jeff Buckley couldnt do it last year then what hope does this have?

Nada.

cause he's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

RATM have an album Evil Empire, which is symbolic of on Simon Cowell's evil empire (Syco recordsand the X Factor franchise)

They want a protest song in protest of the rubbish synthetic pop music crammed down the publics throats by Simon Cowell

The lyrics: "**** you I won't(buy)what you tell me"

And the tag line is "Rage against the X Factor"

"No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now..."

Take the power back etc.

The hilarity works on loads of levels! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It would be hilarious if it went to Number 1 in the UK & Ireland. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    cause he's rubbish.

IN YOUR OPINION

He has a helluva lot more fans throughout the world then Rage do so its pretty safe to assume this will never happen in a million years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

scudzilla wrote: »
    The Facebook group which is urging members to download the song on December 13,

Irony lost on the group ? Considering the main refrain is "**** You I Won't Do As You Tell Me" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

nedtheshed wrote: »
    IN YOUR OPINION

He has a helluva lot more fans throughout the world then Rage do so its pretty safe to assume this will never happen in a million years.

do you have a source for that? or are you just basing it on the fact that you like Jeff Buckley?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Very Achieveable in Ireland where a few K will get you number1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Killing In The Name is #3 in the Irish itunes chart but only purchases from Dec 18th count towards the Christmas #1 sales here.

UK Christmas #1 sales started from yesterday, Dec 13th. Currently, Rage are #2 and the X-F***** song is #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

egan007 wrote: »
    Very Achieveable in Ireland where a few K will get you number1

Indeed, and many of the X Factor viewers were in support of John and Edward so who will buy Joe's single? hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

I'd love to see this happen. Apparently Cowell isnt happy with this, http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48854, so result!! Even if this just severely annoys the botoxed polo necked **** it'll be something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

RayCon wrote: »
    Irony lost on the group ?
    Irony? What's that?:confused: but yeah, that is pretty ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Can't bring myself to install iTunes even to support this, but by God I hope Rage wins...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Takk wrote: »
    Killing In The Name is #3 in the Irish itunes chart but only purchases from Dec 18th count towards the Christmas #1 sales here.
    Oh dear, bit of a failure in communication, some wasted downloads there :/
    blastman wrote: »
    Can't bring myself to install iTunes even to support this, but by God I hope Rage wins...

Then try ie.7digital.com

aphex™ wrote: »
    Oh dear, bit of a failure in communication, some wasted downloads there :/

Then try ie.7digital.com

I don't think 7digital counts towards the Irish charts.

From the Irish RATM Facebook Group creator:
    7 DIGITAL DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS TO IRISH CHARTS

Yesterday at 12:38pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Takk wrote: »
    I don't think 7digital counts towards the Irish charts.

From the Irish RATM Facebook Group creator:

They're on the list here, though http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/musicvideo/music/retail/index.jsp

aphex™ wrote: »

Cheers for that. I wasn't sure myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

RATM are on Epic records which is owned by Sony BMG, The X factor person is also on Sony BMG.

So all this campaign is doing, is putting even more money into the hands of people like Simon Cowell.

Well done.:D

bubonicus wrote: »
    RATM are on Epic records which is owned by Sony BMG, The X factor person is also on Sony BMG.

So all this campaign is doing, is putting even more money into the hands of people like Simon Cowell.

All money goes somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Who cares about the money. Its all about the sentiment.

I couldnt give a flying fcuk where the money goes. It sends out a message that a sizeable amount of people cannot stick the mediocrity of which x factor is an embodiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

fits wrote: »
    Who cares about the money. Its all about the sentiment.

I couldnt give a flying fcuk where the money goes. It sends out a message that a sizeable amount of people cannot stick the mediocrity of which x factor is an embodiment.

lol, I don't think Simon Cowell cares about sentiment or where his money is coming from either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

its number one on the uk amazon which counts towards theirs, you never know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

bubonicus wrote: »

I don't understand why people keep saying this. It's got nothing to do with the aim.

All that people want is to stop the x factor song getting to number one. Its not about what money goes where

Advertisement