Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATM Killing in the Name Christmas No.1??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I don't understand why people keep saying this. It's got nothing to do with the aim.

All that people want is to stop the x factor song getting to number one. Its not about what money goes where

What I don't understand is, why you can't understand that your aim is counter productive to your goal.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I tried to download it from amazon.co.uk but no go, I don't live in the UK. Anywhere I can download it that will count towards the UK charts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I don't understand why people keep saying this. It's got nothing to do with the aim.

All that people want is to stop the x factor song getting to number one. Its not about what money goes where

Who cares what is at number 1? And if that's the aim, why pick RATM? If it's about metal, there are other better known metal bands. Because if it's about being rebellious or anti establishment, RATM are as hypocritical as it gets. The Sony suits are laughing their asses off at all the fools downloading RATM essentially doubling their profits for the Christmas period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Cianos wrote: »
    Who cares what is at number 1? And if that's the aim, why pick RATM? If it's about metal, there are other better known metal bands. Because if it's about being rebellious or anti establishment, RATM are as hypocritical as it gets. The Sony suits are laughing their asses off at all the fools downloading RATM essentially doubling their profits for the Christmas period.

Obviously some do. I couldn't care less. I highly doubt it's about metal and from what I can tell the only reason that song was chosen is because of the whole "**** you, I won't do what you tell me". Which is a bit ironic itself that people are now downloading and buying the song after being told to buy it but anyway yeah.

And Killing in the name of is basically a song even people that don't like metal enjoy. Lot of people probably don't even know what sort of song it is. It just sounds good.

I'm not going to buy the song, I don't like RATM they pretty much bore me to death and the X Factor song getting to number 1 doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I hate Christmas songs, I hate X-Factor / Boy Band / Girl Band fabricated ****e! I don't care if you are a fan of RATM or not, if we can make this happen it will ROCK!

Power To The People!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

If Rage are No. 1 it would be the best Christmas ever. X-Factor can suck my balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I tried to download it from amazon.co.uk but no go, I don't live in the UK. Anywhere I can download it that will count towards the UK charts?

www.hmv.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I hate Christmas songs, I hate X-Factor / Boy Band / Girl Band fabricated ****e! I don't care if you are a fan of RATM or not, if we can make this happen it will ROCK!

Power To The People!

Eh, how much of RATM's songs are fabricated dyou think, being on a label such as Sony? You just happen to be part of a different target audience, contributing to the same bottom line. Power to the people my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Ciaran500 wrote: »

I'd imagine you'd need to have/fake a UK IP address for it to count towards the UK chart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cianos wrote: »
    Eh, how much of RATM's songs are fabricated dyou think, being on a label such as Sony? You just happen to be part of a different target audience, contributing to the same bottom line. Power to the people my arse.

Is this not the Rock & Metal forum? Even if you don't like RATM are you trying to tell me there would not be a smirk on your face if it was the Christmas #1 as opposed to the X factor ****e or in fact most other ****e you hear on pretty much every radio station bar Phantom?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php#/group.php?gid=231784611232

Join the Irish Facebook group.

I couldn't give a **** whether RATM are on the same label I just want to see all the x-factor crowd crying into their Christmas dinner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

currently no 1. (or joint first) in the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I hear that if it is number one that the queen is going to play the solo instead of doing her speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Takk wrote: »
    I'd imagine you'd need to have/fake a UK IP address for it to count towards the UK chart.
    Don't buy anything through a proxy, they're not secure at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

It would be funny to see RATM at the number one spot but I think it's abit sad to be honest!why should anyone really care whose in the charts?Even if ye think ye are sticking it to X factor and Simon Cowell I doubt he will lose any sleep over it anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Just bought mine on ie.7digital.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Joe 1/8 on PaddyPower.com, looks like it's done. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

aphex™ wrote: »
    Just bought mine on ie.7digital.com

Me too, only takes a min and you can use paypal/laser/visa

Apparently Dom from Muse is backing the campaign- http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=5754

Muse are big rage fans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

RonMexico wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/groups.php#/group.php?gid=231784611232

Join the Irish Facebook group.

I couldn't give a **** whether RATM are on the same label I just want to see all the x-factor crowd crying into their Christmas dinner :D

they wont be. The 'x factor' crowd is the label people, whom you will be making even richer. You've swallowed it - hook, line and sinker. If you *really* wanted to prove a point then it would be an unknown stuggling band that people would be buying, not RATM who coincidentally are working on a new album. Sucker is the only word I can think of.

You've been had.

It's only one rage song, though. God knows they've made enough money from me over the years anyway. One more is no problem.

Also, it's nice to see a decent band get to the top of the charts for a change. It's good for people to pay for music too, in the long run IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

iamhunted wrote: »
    You've been had.

Not really. In all fairness the campaign wasn't started by Rage Against the Machine, the promotion of any of their material is a by-product of the scheme. Also, the band members said that most of the royalties won't be going into their own pockets, but are being donated to a UK charity.

They aren't planning to release a new album at the moment either from what I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

I like Rage.

I don't care for the X-Factor or the X-Factor single to be No. 1 for Christmas (Thingy last year butchered Hallelujah regardless of what previous version people liked), but I am a bit cynical of this aim to get KITNO to be Christmas No. 1...

iamhunted has a point in that it'd be nice to see a lesser known band/act get the Christmas No.1, mind you it'd have to be a really good song to go up against the hype machine of the X-Factor.

Also...of all the songs in the world...KITNO...I mean it sort of sends an anti-Christmas message doesn't it?

I can see kids asking now...mom who are Rage Against The Machine???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

iamhunted wrote: »
    they wont be. The 'x factor' crowd is the label people, whom you will be making even richer. You've swallowed it - hook, line and sinker. If you *really* wanted to prove a point then it would be an unknown stuggling band that people would be buying, not RATM who coincidentally are working on a new album. Sucker is the only word I can think of.

You've been had.

you're making it sound like the whole thing is an orchestrated ploy by RATM or the labels, which it's not; it's just an individual's idea that has gained traction on on facebook. yes, RATM's label will make cash on it, but so will the charities RATM are passing their cut on to.

i think the "sucker" is a bit unfair and your cynicism is even a little ironic coming from someone who seems to be into the "paranormal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

If a statement really wanted to be made it'd be a Cannibal Corpse song or something like that that they should be campaigning for No.1.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

fluke wrote: »
    I like Rage.

I don't care for the X-Factor or the X-Factor single to be No. 1 for Christmas (Thingy last year butchered Hallelujah regardless of what previous version people liked), but I am a bit cynical of this aim to get KITNO to be Christmas No. 1...

iamhunted has a point in that it'd be nice to see a lesser known band/act get the Christmas No.1, mind you it'd have to be a really good song to go up against the hype machine of the X-Factor.

Also...of all the songs in the world...KITNO...I mean it sort of sends an anti-Christmas message doesn't it?

I can see kids asking now...mom who are Rage Against The Machine???

It would be nice to see an independent band get it, but really it would be alot harder to get a large crowd behind such a band. The thing with killing in the name is that many people know and love this song and really it is a some what anti-establishment song that fits with the message that this campaign is aiming at.

While i like this song, i would be happy for any band that writes its own music, plays there own instruments and worked hard to get where they are to do better than the x-factor. And since it happens to be Rage this time i hope they get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Risteard wrote: »
    If a statement really wanted to be made it'd be a Cannibal Corpse song or something like that that they should be campaigning for No.1.....

Except that would never ever make no. 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just wish they used Sleep Now In The Fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Advertisement