Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Licence

Options
  • 13-12-2009 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

any no how long it take,s to get a licence for a shotgun..
    as i have dun my safety course and got alliance insurance for fishin and shootin for the countryside THE LAD IN THE GUN SHOP SAID 2 WEEK OR 3..... SOME NOW I DONT BELIVE HIM :cool: did my course today got to shot at a few clays and miss all of them must be me nerves lol as for last week me mates had me out and got 15 outa 20

any info that you's have to put a smile on my face plz do

thanks paul 12 g

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved to shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

paul 12g wrote: »
    any no how long it take,s to get a licence for a shotgun..
    as i have dun my safety course and got alliance insurance for fishin and shootin for the countryside THE LAD IN THE GUN SHOP SAID 2 WEEK OR 3..... SOME NOW I DONT BELIVE HIM :cool: did my course today got to shot at a few clays and miss all of them must be me nerves lol as for last week me mates had me out and got 15 outa 20

any info that you's have to put a smile on my face plz do

thanks paul 12 g

Try and add a bit of punctuation and avoid the text talk. There's a full keyboard in front of you!!! :D Its hard to read text talk.

I think you have had the wool pulled over your eyes a bit. The way things have gone with licensing it could be 2 to 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

Is it a first time application? i got my 30-06 licence back in about a week that was october but when i sent my first app in many years ago it took 11 months,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

From the few lads i met over the last few months and one lad in particular the average waiting time for their first license was 3-4 weeks. Wth all the necessary documentation, safety course, FCA1, insurance, permission letters, etc gotten of course. It varies on district but this is an average time frame. It could take longer.

PS - Welcome and best of luck with your application (when you do submit it)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

Down here in the Kingdom the average waiting time is six months, thats from listening to over twelve different shooting buddies complaining non stop, plus we get a lot of applications lost in the barracks, meaning that you have to start from scratch, I've seen one application down here take two years, the Gardai lost the application twice! My advice is join the NARGC, they can really help you out if your licenses run in to bother.
    Plus it's good for your local hunting area if your putting a little money into it each year, NARGC memberships are mostly quite cheep, ask about. If you serious about shooting you'll need cover/ insurance any way, personally I dont shoot with cowboys that wont pay a few bob for insurance, it says a lot about a feela, if he's got that attitude.

Wish you well,

HJ:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement