Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-mas trees

• 13-12-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys - where is the best place, offering best value in or around Ennis to buy an X-mas tree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

dh0661 wrote: »
    Hi Guys - where is the best place, offering best value in or around Ennis to buy an X-mas tree?

All you need is a chainsaw:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭golfball37

We bought ours outside the Veg shop on the Tulla Road, you know the one at Fitzpatricks garage not far from the Railway bridge. 30 euro including the stand, really good selection too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

Rujib1 wrote: »
    All you need is a chainsaw:rolleyes:

And an off-road vehicle, otherwise the damage done to your car on these rough forest tracks will cost a lot more than an Xmas tree to set right!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nature lover

Hi there, I picked up a leaflet at my Yoga class last night about renting a live christmas tree. have a look at www.wandering-gardens.com they have a beautiful website. i am going to look at the christmas trees tomorrow evening, they have viewings 17, 18 and 19th December so i cannot say i have seen the trees yet, however its a great idea to have a live tree from an environmentally friendly point of view. They are based in Feakle but deliver to a wide area and will collect after xmas. Has anybody else used them? i would be interested to know

I love the rent-a-tree idea!
    Can I get the same tree again next year? Maybe I can hire it in the summer for a bit of shade (should the sun ever shine again).
    I always felt a bit guilty about having a tree chopped down only so I could put it in my living room for a few weeks and then chuck it out.
    I might even plant my own tree and re-use it every year.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭phog

Not in Ennis but for anyone near Sixmilebridge, I got mine from a guy in front of Crowe's shop up near the church. Best one I got n a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nature lover

Hi Dr Kamikazi, yes you can get the same tree every year apparently, you tag it with your name. not sure if u can get it in the summer though. They are based in Tuamgraney actually not Feakle, sorry everyone. we are going to see our tree tomorrow after school

Hi Dr Kamikazi, yes you can get the same tree every year apparently, you tag it with your name. not sure if u can get it in the summer though. They are based in Tuamgraney actually not Feakle, sorry everyone. we are going to see our tree tomorrow after school

Did you know that Tuamgraney has been immortalised by Star Trek?
    Saw an episode of "Voyager" yesterday, one of the inevitable "Oirish" episodes that every American TV series, even Star Trek manages to crowbar in every now and then and the roadsign visible in the background was to Tuamgraney.

Advertisement