Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knicks, Wizards or Capitals Game??

Options
  • 13-12-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

Ok so i'm going to washington and nyc in jan/feb and want to go see a game. Have the following options

Basketball
    Washington wizards vs Lakers
    NY Knicks vs Wizards

Ice Hockey
    Washington capitals vs Anaheim

Which do people reckon would have the best atmosphere?
    Which sport is most entertaining (Can guess what people will say to this given this is the basketball forum):D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Madison Square Garden is legendary, ah I'm so jealous.

Also you can't go too far wrong seeing Kobe & the Lakers play...

I don't know...unless you could make your way to Cleveland :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I don't follow Hockey so can't help there but you're Basketball options are pretty tough. The Wizards have been one of the biggest dissapointments of this year (mainly because their superstar Gilbert Arenas is playing terrible) so none of the games listed really stand out. I guess I'd go to the Knicks game because of the Maddison Square factor and it reeks of history. Plus you'd have very little dificulty getting Tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

No definitive answer to give you, if you want to see one of the best teams and one of the best players ever then go watch the Lakers, if you want to go to a famous venue then go to Madison.
    Hard to predict which game will be better, Nicks v Wizzards might be the better game as it could be closer but nothing is guaranteed.

Ice Hockey is well worth taking in also, I am only familiar with one venue but atmosphere is great, game is fast paced and intense, so much better live than TV. Washington are one of the best teams also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've been to MSG and it's a great venue with great fans for basketball, at half time there was a guy who had to shoot a 3-pointer to win something like $10000, he threw an airball, and everyone booed him.

I'd go for the Knicks vs Wizards. The Knicks especially at home under D'Antoni play a fast paced game, lots of scoring, and since the Wizards aren't amazing defensively you should see lots of action. Plus once you walk outside MSG you have all of Manhattan right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Ya was kinda leaning towards the knicks wizards game because of the madison square garden factor, and my brother went to an ice hockey game and reckoned there was loads of stoppages between plays.

Does anyone have any advice on where to get tickets, ticketmaster, stubhub, at the box office the day before??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ya was kinda leaning towards the knicks wizards game because of the madison square garden factor, and my brother went to an ice hockey game and reckoned there was loads of stoppages between plays.

Does anyone have any advice on where to get tickets, ticketmaster, stubhub, at the box office the day before??

Either go on craigslist or probably the best thing to do is get one off a scalper outside, not too hard to get decent seat for a decent price and even if you do overpay, its your holidays sure :)
    Plenty of tickets available anyway I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

There is a thread that suggests how to go about getting Knicks tickets and it gives useful advice. Enjoy:)

Advertisement