Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap shopping in North Strand/Fairview area

Options
  • 13-12-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I didn't now whether to put this in North Dublin or City Centre so please move it if it is in the wrong forum.

I was just wondering, where is there to shop in these areas that is cheap? I have only found Centras, Spars and the like, which is not the easiest on the wallet when you're doing a week's grocery shopping there. The nearest reasonably priced supermarket I can think of is SuperValu on Talbot St, and then of course you can go a bit further in to Tesco, Aldi and Lidl. But is there anywhere out in the Dublin 3 area that is in a similar price range? I always thought that there was a Tesco in Fairview but I cannot find one. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

being from the North Strand myself, the best places to shop are in fact in town itself.

Talbot St and the like are the closest and are in easy proximity with any amount of buses along the North Strand. I honestly don't know of anything cheap along those routes. So head for town.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Handy enough to get the 42,43 or 128 buses - these will take you directly to the big Tesco Clarehall on Malahide road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

im in the same boat, the area sucks for grocery shopping. Parnell St has a tesco, or Artane. There's also a supervalu in killester.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sabiki2

Take a look at C&Ts on Philipsburgh avenue which is reasonably close to North Strand/Fairview.
    They always seem to have great value and offers...

http://www.goldenpages.ie/Supermarkets/C_&_T_Supermarket/IE_11106282_9999_1002

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Theres a new Costcutter store in the new apartments that used to be the Bowling alley on the North Strand, Might be worth a look. :)

If ya don't mind taking a bus then you have easy access to town, clarehall shopping centre, Artane tesco etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Thanks guys. Tesco Clare Hall sounds interesting, I might grab a bus out there one of these days.

Masada I think I have been to the Costcutters you're talking about. Didn't know it was new! It's dead handy but not as cheap as the big supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Thanks guys. Tesco Clare Hall sounds interesting, I might grab a bus out there one of these days.

Masada I think I have been to the Costcutters you're talking about. Didn't know it was new! It's dead handy but not as cheap as the big supermarkets.
    the Tesco there is absolutely huge!!! You’ll find almost anything you need in it, great selection, opens 24hours too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is also Supervalu in Killester, Superquinn and Dunnes in Northside, Tesco in Artaine Castle - all accessible by direct bus from the North Strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

You could also try Nolans supermarket in Clontarf (Vernon Avenue) 130 bus from North strand. Would not be as cheap as Tesco clarehall though. ;)

Advertisement