Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any Xbox 360 be flashed?

Options
  • 13-12-2009 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

My old xbox 360 died on me. So I have to get a new one. Im just wondering can any xbox 360 version/model be flashed?

i heard something about the new lite on drives not being able too.

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

whatsamsn wrote: »
    My old xbox 360 died on me. So I have to get a new one. Im just wondering can any xbox 360 version/model be flashed?

i heard something about the new lite on drives not being able too.

thanks,

If I read coorect the 93xxx lite-on's can now be dumped but it needs soldering on the board and stuff so it's not easy. No point in flashing at this time unless you want to be off Live forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

TBH, I dont really care about live.

I plan on just getting a new xbox 360 in GAME soon. So whats the chances Id get a lite-on drive? ... are they the new thing thats in them all now?

and, seeing as how i dont mind about live, would i still need to solder?

Anything after August 2009 is dodgy, my mate got a 360 from tesco the other week.

Manufacturing date 12/08/2008 :D

You can see the info on the rear of the box where there is a whole for the serial number.

Advertisement