Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donkeys

• 13-12-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

I have an opportunity to photograph Donkeys in the coming months at a donkey sanctuary (and when I get me camera back).

I'm just wondering how you would go about it?

Maybe wide angle shots?
    How would I make them stand out rather than look lie snapshots? (which is what my last batch looked like)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

If you want to create different shots, try different approaches. Borderfox had fantastic picture of donkeys.
    It is still only photography (=creative art), so think, plan, study, watch and try, it is free on digital, you have nothing to loose ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Try a different angle - (I know it's a horse....)

B5DF2B4B7E4A4DA4BE288EFFDA10F844-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Try a different angle - (I know it's a horse....)

B5DF2B4B7E4A4DA4BE288EFFDA10F844-500.jpg

shall I cite the classic joke again? best not eh :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

dnme wrote: »
    shall I cite the classic joke again? best not eh :)

NO! Don't go there...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Taken in the Donkey Sanctuary in Cork earlier this year. Donkeys are great characters :)

JacintaYawning.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

http://pix.ie/ricky91t/album/361963

That's a few shots I took at Liscarrol,Some are poorly exposed etc but give you an idea of how close you can get and what they're like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Try and watch them for a bit and look for the different characters in the groups

6CD33AD888884A629EBE690070B075DB-800.jpg

420D874493F8456397485EE408047022-800.jpg

Set is here, have fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

wide angle lens, right in their faces: http://www.glasseyalley.com/index.php?showimage=147 (not my pic unfortunately, boo)

I think what separates snapshots from this sort of stuff above are two main things:

Fill the frame with the subject
    No distracting backgrounds - through choice of viewpoint, and use of shallow depth of field.

have fun! I <3 the donkey sanctuary :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Hi Borderfox, I have seen that set aloready thanks to Thonda's post above. Its brilliant especially#1 above. Many thanks.

and elven, yeah that sounds good. wide angle and a bit of love. gotta love Donkeys, they are so gentle and such characters. Thanks all

Advertisement