Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realistic rent in Dublin 4/6

Options
  • 13-12-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Myself and my girlfriend are looking for a 2 bed place in the Dublin 4 or Dublin 6 area. We have seen a few places we like and the asking rent is 950 to 1000 a month. Do you think it is realistic to offer about 850 to 900 to try and secure a place? Despite what the letting agents tell us, it seems there is not much demand out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

Myself and my girlfriend are looking for a 2 bed place in the Dublin 4 or Dublin 6 area. We have seen a few places we like and the asking rent is 950 to 1000 a month. Do you think it is realistic to offer about 850 to 900 to try and secure a place? Despite what the letting agents tell us, it seems there is not much demand out there.

The cheapest 2 bedroom apartment i've seen in D4 is this one and it is €800 per month
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=pc4&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=2&s[search_type]=rental&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&s[sort_by]=price&s[sort_type]=a&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=787725

The cheapest I have seen in D6 is this one and it is €675.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=pc6&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=2&s[search_type]=rental&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&s[sort_by]=price&s[sort_type]=a&limit=10&search_type=rental&id=793036

D6 in general seem to have a bit cheaper rent and you should not offer more than €800 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

D4 has loads on offer to rent. Mine is 900 a mth for a 2bed apt. Market is dead here for landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

apologies for going off the OP but would you say it's the same for D8 - specifically islandbridge? rents there seem to range from 900-1200pm for 2 beds - maybe it's the same all over the city. i just don't understand why they don't adjust the rental prices to reflect reality instead of playing this silly game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I would rent in D6 personally, there isnt much in D4 especially at the weekends, its dead. D6 has pretty much everything you need. I dont really see the attraction in D4, unless you can afford one of the massive houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

A colleague of mine lives in a very nice gaff in Sandymount

Flatmate moved out about 5 weeks ago. Very few viewings and those that did turned their nose up at the rent being asked. He told me the market is saturated in D4. The landlady eventually gave them permission to lower the rent significantly & they eventually found some one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

those that did turned their nose up at the rent being asked.

isn't that a contradiction in terms - how can you turn your nose up to something that you regard as being unaffordable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

My rent in Rathmines is €1,300 for a very large 2 bed apartment with gated parking, a garden, master ensuite, separate kitchen to living room. I will expect this to come down to €1,100 or so on contract renewal.

In my experience anything less than €1000 in Rathmines for a two bed can mean it's pretty small and perhaps has no parking although you may get good places for under 1,000 these days.

Noise is a serious issue in some apartment blocks be it from traffic or house parties.

There's not much middle ground on quality in Rathmines. It's goes from seriously crap to fantastic with little price difference.

Advertisement