Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Man City 16th December

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

mickman wrote: »
    s right philips is out though and so is bellamy
    Unfortunately De-Jong is back - so there MF up against our (lacklustre lads) is Barry, Ireland, De-Jong! Not good.............considering they couldn't break down Wolves........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Spurs have beaten City in 9 of the last 10 meeting as far as I know but I reckon 2-3 tonight. :o Glad Bellamy is not fit but Adebayor always scores against us. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

im going for 6-1 to spurs 2nite @ 150-1

mickman wrote: »
    im going for 6-1 to spurs 2nite @ 150-1

bookie's best friend. ^

(Hope you're joking) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

team news

STARTING XI - Gomes; Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Huddlestone, Palacios, Kranjcar; Crouch, Defoe. SUBSTITUTES - Alnwick, Bale, Hutton, Jenas, Modric, Keane, Pavlyuchenko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Come on you spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Krancjcar unlucky with that shot.

Yesssss !!

2-0 great stuff !!!:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Get in there Defoe!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Krancjar!!

3 - 0 :D

super result. great performance, never looked in trouble. great response from the lads. never was confident before this game. super result.

come on you spurs

Great display tonight when it was badly needed,I thought Daws and Bassong were very good at the back, Ekkoto had his best game for a while,Happy man tonight....COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

great performance and good win. keeps us up there. Back 4 looked good. Wilson needs to go back to passing school, never seen so many misplaced passes.

And at least John W dog survived this one..

by the way was niko Kranjcar the best buy of the seaso for 2.5 mill???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo wrote: »
    so do I. heading over Wednesday morning ;)

He was listening to me alrite, top man is that bloke upstairs :D

Great performance and result and goals. I'm pleasantly surprised as I was a bit pessimistic after Saturday's disaster. :)

John W wrote: »
    All of these predictions are delusional - ARSEnal put 3 past us, Chelsea put 3 past us, Man U put three past us - man City can score goals, and against our makeshift defence they will Tevez, Robbinio and Adabyyor will turn poor old Dawson, Corluka and Bassong inside out.

Our only hopw would have been to score more, but if you hadn't noticed our strikers have unfortunatly gone off the boil.

1-3 Citeh
    Is your faith restored after tonight's result John ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    great performance and good win. keeps us up there. Back 4 looked good. Wilson needs to go back to passing school, never seen so many misplaced passes.

Ye hit the nail on the head Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Delighted with the result and performance tonight.

Tbh I was pessimistic going into the game this evening but fair play, the lads put in a all round good effort and got a well deserved win.

Man of the Match: Niko Kranjcar
    Moan of the Match: How many shots did Hudd have and never hit the target once ?

Let's hope we can keep this up.

coys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Just watched on Match Of The Day. Good performance although City didn't turn up. Kranjcar was very good. Think that he is currently undroppable regardless of how fit Modric is. He seems to tend to go infield so I'll repeat the point that I made a few weeks ago - why not play him beside Palacios and put Modric out wide. Would he really miss Huddlestone or Jenas?

WHL wrote: »
    Just watched on Match Of The Day. Good performance although City didn't turn up. Kranjcar was very good. Think that he is currently undroppable regardless of how fit Modric is. He seems to tend to go infield so I'll repeat the point that I made a few weeks ago - why not play him beside Palacios and put Modric out wide. Would he really miss Huddlestone or Jenas?
    How'd you manage that? Hasn't been on MOTD yet has it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Yep! you missed it! Mid-week special!!!

Even Hanson said we were contenders for 4th place on the performance:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

BAE was........actually very good tonight, looked quality. He 's spurs all over , septic one week, world beating the next!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mushykeogh wrote: »
    BAE was........actually very good tonight, looked quality. He 's spurs all over , septic one week, world beating the next!
    I'm actually a huge fan of BAE I think he's great
    Who are we going to get to play left back come African Nations I certainly don't have any faith in Bale nice for him to get another win under his belt tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Chuffed! Great performance, especially considering we kept them to one save from Petrov and one poor finish from Adebayor in the 2nd half. Nikko was great, though I thought Benny was superb and gave anyone that came near him the run-around.

We needed that though, as Liverpool won too. Let's keep the momentum for Blackburn at the weekend and hope our away form continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Palacios had a brilliant game, watched it on SS last night, and you guys need to keep palacios defoe and modric in January, and I def think you're in with a shot of 4th, possibly 3rd depending on how arsenals season goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Palacios had a brilliant game, watched it on SS last night, and you guys need to keep palacios defoe and modric in January, and I def think you're in with a shot of 4th, possibly 3rd depending on how arsenals season goes...

Hmmm, dunno about that. He was solid, but his passing was woeful many times, particularly in the second half. He regularly gave the ball away to City, or passed it out of play when we were looking to counter. It's odd as he is well capable of passing well but just hasn't been doing it of late. Having said that, his ability to intercept and break up play is still key to us doing well, though how he wasn't booked for one of the two tackles before the tackle that got him the yellow I'll never know!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

SuprSi wrote: »
    Hmmm, dunno about that. He was solid, but his passing was woeful many times, particularly in the second half. He regularly gave the ball away to City, or passed it out of play when we were looking to counter. It's odd as he is well capable of passing well but just hasn't been doing it of late. Having said that, his ability to intercept and break up play is still key to us doing well, though how he wasn't booked for one of the two tackles before the tackle that got him the yellow I'll never know!!!

Most of the time when he passed it out of play he was under tough pressure or he was trying to set lennon off down the wing, and alot of the time, if he lost the ball, he tracked back and won it back for spurs... thought he had a decent game to be fair to him, better than hudd anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Had to win.....and we did. That keeps us back in it and prolongs the challenge for us for a wee while longer!

Although we looked like we played well and scored goals at the right times, I really think Man City didn't turn up on the night. And Mark Hughes had a shocker as manager! Anyone who has studied Spurs knows that Lennon is by far and away our most potent weapon and snuffing him out is the key to suffing Spurs out. Yet he played an ageing Silvinho at LB, never a proper defender even in his prime, and Robinho LM, my Auntie Marge is more likely to track back to help out defensively.

So I think we were really helped by City's lack of appetite on the night and Hughes' lack of homework!

Jury still out for me - I want to see how fired up they are to put in a performance up away to a very physical Blackburn side.

Advertisement