Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Man City 16th December

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

WHL wrote: »
    Just watched on Match Of The Day. Good performance although City didn't turn up. Kranjcar was very good. Think that he is currently undroppable regardless of how fit Modric is. He seems to tend to go infield so I'll repeat the point that I made a few weeks ago - why not play him beside Palacios and put Modric out wide. Would he really miss Huddlestone or Jenas?
    +1.
    You could be right. Especially for home games if the opposition are parking the bus like Stoke, Wolves. Wouldn't experiment with this away to Blackburn though, they would probably out-muscle us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

dawson was captain of england material last night, he really was. he was just top drawer

ekotto is the most confident footballer i have ever seen. cool as can be

corluka had a very bad game though. kept kicking the ball over the line and missing passes

pal put a lot of passes astray but he is still the back bone of our team

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

what did people make of crouch last night ?

Only saw the highlights but he headed a great knock-down for Defoe's second and also released Lennon down the right with a lovely back-heel!

Missed a one on one though, couldn't quite coordinate those long legs fast enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Thought he was rubbish in the first half. The ball kept on getting stuck under his feet and he constantly lost possession. Improved a lot in the 2nd but I believe that's because he had more space. Surprisingly he was quite greedy on occasion where the better option might have been to play a teammate in.

Overall 7/10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

For the tallest man in the world, i have never seen so many chest downs in one game... played solidly enough, took a good few down and his hold up play was good.

But he is an absolute nightmare of a player to judge.

Because he is SO tall he does (or should - for someone so tall he is actually very weak in the air and he gets out-muscled very easy and he gives free-kicks away constantly) give problems to defenders in the air - i.e the knock-down for Defoe where he was head and shoulders above Toure for that high ball!

However on a negative, there's no doubt a sharper striker like Keane would have got to the one-on-one chance that Defoe put through. Indeed Crouch will NEVER have the pace or movement to shift a defence around. His career goal-scoring record is below average for a striker, and woeful this season, 2 in 16 PL games. Also, for me its too easy to start going Route 1 up to the big man when he plays - its happened time and time again this season - which often ruins our potency from our more skilful players.

I personally think he's a good option to have in the squad, to mix-it-up a bit if things aren't going right. But he's never a first choice Top 4 striker in a million years. And that is supposedly where we are trying to get to.

crouch made the first two goals. if he wasnt playing we may not have scored at all. you just have to accept that 9 times out of 10, when the ball is at his feet then he will lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

el diablo wrote: »
    How'd you manage that? Hasn't been on MOTD yet has it? :eek:

I have a TV with Freesat so I entered a London postcode. MOTD started on BBC One London at 10.45pm. It also means that I can listen to a lot of Spurs commentaries on BBC Radio London:)

mickman wrote: »
    crouch made the first two goals. if he wasnt playing we may not have scored at all. you just have to accept that 9 times out of 10, when the ball is at his feet then he will lose it
    Yep, good point.

Ofcourse the counter-argument would be that ANYONE who's good in the air would have done. If we had played Michael Dawson up front, if anything, he would have been more effective than Crouch in creating opportunities from high balls!

But yes, I take your point, we just need to accept Crouch's failings and hope he's good enough for now. That is until we are in a position to buy a replacement who is tall AND can play football AND score goals!!

• Advertisement

when the teams were coming out for the second half. there was robbie driving everyone on as they came out on to the field. rising everyone and wishing them luck. it was great to see to be honest. dont know any other player that does that after he has been dropped

mickman wrote: »
    when the teams were coming out for the second half. there was robbie driving everyone on as they came out on to the field. rising everyone and wishing them luck. it was great to see to be honest. dont know any other player that does that after he has been dropped
    Brilliant. Its that kind of spirit that we need. Not someone like Pav who just sulks and is on to his agent to get him a move if things aren't going his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

John W wrote: »
    All of these predictions are delusional - ARSEnal put 3 past us, Chelsea put 3 past us, Man U put three past us - man City can score goals, and against our makeshift defence they will Tevez, Robbinio and Adabyyor will turn poor old Dawson, Corluka and Bassong inside out.

Our only hopw would have been to score more, but if you hadn't noticed our strikers have unfortunatly gone off the boil.

1-3 Citeh

oh yeah of little faith :D;)
    John W wrote: »
    Unfortunately De-Jong is back - so there MF up against our (lacklustre lads) is Barry, Ireland, De-Jong! Not good.....

never heard of any of em ;)
    keane=cock wrote: »
    by the way was niko Kranjcar the best buy of the seaso for 2.5 mill???

agreed especially when you consider than we usualy pay way over the odds for players.
    SuprSi wrote: »
    Thought he was rubbish in the first half. The ball kept on getting stuck under his feet and he constantly lost possession. Improved a lot in the 2nd but I believe that's because he had more space. Surprisingly he was quite greedy on occasion where the better option might have been to play a teammate in.

Overall 7/10

agree. crouch wasn;t at the races in the first half but upped his game a lot 2nd half. Daws, BAE Defoe and Kranjcar were immense.

WHL wrote: »
    I have a TV with Freesat so I entered a London postcode. MOTD started on BBC One London at 10.45pm. It also means that I can listen to a lot of Spurs commentaries on BBC Radio London:)

great idea. i've tuned these stations into my skybox. full details here at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

best team performance I've seen from Spurs in a long time.
    delighted with all 11 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mushykeogh wrote: »
    He 's spurs all over , septic one week, world beating the next!

I disagree, I think he has been one of our better,and more consistant players over the last 18 months. Its a long time since we had a decent left full. A bit of coaching and experience and I think he could be very good. I think we will miss him in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I disagree, I think he has been one of our better,and more consistant players over the last 18 months. Its a long time since we had a decent left full. A bit of coaching and experience and I think he could be very good. I think we will miss him in Jan.

i agree i think he has been one of our better players over the last couple of years. still dont like the lad but if he keeps playing well he can be as much of a prick as he wants

Advertisement