Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A necessary defeat

Options
  • 14-12-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

I think the defeat is to wolves is something we needed. After that crazy win against wigan I think some players reckoned the season was going to be easy. Mick McCarthy did his homework and in fairness there wasn't much to study. If you keep Lennon quiet then the job is half done. When Crouch plays there is not much movement and if we need a goal it is route 1 and rarely comes off. Why does Crouch always attack the ball from behind defenders, he gives away frees all the time even though he doesn't actually foul. If he got in front of the defenders then they would have a job to get the ball without fouling him.
    Anyone else think Defoe is trying too hard to impress the England manager, he seems to be trying to shoot all the time even when he is surrounded by defenders and passing is the last thing on his mind.

Just a quick word for 'Spurs' fans who are writing us off this season, we all know that one thing we can expect from Spurs is the unexpected. We are always capable of beating anyone but we are also just as capable of losing to anyone. Just enjoy the good days (like Wigan) and forget the bad days. Thankfully so far this season there have been more good days than bad and hopefully it will all work out in the end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think we can only view it as a necessary defeat if the team learns from it and wins on Wednesday night. No more performances like what we saw against Wolves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

there is no such thing as a neccessary defeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

kakee wrote: »
    I think the defeat is to wolves is something we needed. After that crazy win against wigan I think some players reckoned the season was going to be easy. Mick McCarthy did his homework and in fairness there wasn't much to study. If you keep Lennon quiet then the job is half done. When Crouch plays there is not much movement and if we need a goal it is route 1 and rarely comes off. Why does Crouch always attack the ball from behind defenders, he gives away frees all the time even though he doesn't actually foul. If he got in front of the defenders then they would have a job to get the ball without fouling him.
    Anyone else think Defoe is trying too hard to impress the England manager, he seems to be trying to shoot all the time even when he is surrounded by defenders and passing is the last thing on his mind.

Just a quick word for 'Spurs' fans who are writing us off this season, we all know that one thing we can expect from Spurs is the unexpected. We are always capable of beating anyone but we are also just as capable of losing to anyone. Just enjoy the good days (like Wigan) and forget the bad days. Thankfully so far this season there have been more good days than bad and hopefully it will all work out in the end.

I think the problem is EVERYONE has found us out - Keep Lennon quite, job done! And some good days and some bad days is not the kind of consistency that gets you into the top four, I think we are distend to be disappointed, again, this season - so much promise, so little return - City will hammer us on Wednesday and we can get back to mid table where this team belongs! We had a few good results, but in the main we only beat the weaker teams in the league........well except Wolves and Stoke that is :-(

ARSEnal, Chelsea and Manure inflicted pain on a weak defence, so will Citeh...........

Advertisement