Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You have your Ballymahon

Options
  • 14-12-2009 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Firstly do many people from around Longford know this expression or have heard it used? Secondly all you Longfordians who dissagree with turning Longford into a Lake should join the new group on facebook "You have your Ballymahon" in protest at that idea and feel free to also include some other well known Longford expressions or memories!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

never heard of it.

also, im from longford and fully support our tranformation into a lake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Yep - I thought it was 'you'll have your ballymahon'....... there's probably variations of it around the country.

Do not want lake btw ;)

never heard of it.

also, im from longford and fully support our tranformation into a lake :pac:

*cough*Townie*cough* ;)

It is you can have your Ballymahon. As in go wan outta dat!

I don't think promoting of anything Longfordian is such a good idea :P
    Although maybe we could sink ballymahon to create a moate like barrier, between us and our enemies?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 surdah

Yes I had this argument with some of my siblings as to whether the correct term was You have your Ballymahon or You can have your Ballymahon but there seems to be 2 camps and then there are other variations on it as well. And I am not ashamed to admit to being a Longfordian you could be worse things I'm sure!:)

It is one thing aditting it......it is another being actually proud of it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 surdah

Oh come on, admit it. As crappy towns go Longford has to be one of the best crappy towns there is!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

i use this every day becuase i live there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

longford is a ****pit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

it surely is

Advertisement