Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2010

Options
  • 14-12-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Got my ticket on friday, anyone else going? It's my first time going to Download, any tips from those of you who have been before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Shando316 wrote: »
    Got my ticket on friday, anyone else going? It's my first time going to Download, any tips from those of you who have been before?
    I've been the last two years, t'was awesome :D Not sure about this year though.... Hmm... tips...? Well the usual questions that get asked...

Alcohol: You could buy crates of beer/cider and everything on the site near the camping last year or you can just walk 15mins outside the front gate and get it from the shops that are just up the road.

Food: I'd recommend just going to the shop for a load of food on the first day and save lots of money. There are loads of foodstalls, but it's expensive as per usual at festivals. (I would reccomend getting a giant yorkshire pudding to anybody going!! ;) )

Getting to there from airport: You can walk it, it's about 20-30 mins walk I think... Although there is a bus that goes by it, can also get a taxi, but have to get to the taxi rank fast as there are lots of other people going for them from the plane!! :pac:

What else do you need to know? :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

So I shouldn't bring any food/drink with me and just buy it all over there?

So I shouldn't bring any food/drink with me and just buy it all over there?

Well just think about your baggage... If you can afford the weight (Ryan Air charge a fair bit for extra weight!) Like a coke bottle of vodka/whatever in your bag isn't going to make that much difference... Food wouldn't bring up the weight that much either... but if you're buying crates, just get it over there! Don't forget, your tent and all that stuff weigh a bit.

Oh and try and get a small lock for your tent too, they come in handy!

Aye that's a good point. I didn't know there were shops that close to the festival site, that'll save quite a bit of hassle, cheers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

any idea what the line up is for 2010?

• Advertisement

No idea yet... I have my wish list though :rolleyes:

Rammstein are touring around then, so hopefully them, would love to see Killswitch Engage, Serj Tankian or SOAD would be awesome... Hoping for slayer and a few others :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

How much would the flights be? to and from? ..return I mean.

40 return on ryan air, prob a few more taxes and charges after that though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I was thinking of doing a road trip to it next year, How much are the tickets?

You guys could google this stuff easily :P

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/index.aspx

and the forums http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/ :D
    WEEKEND TICKET - ARENA ONLY - £135

z.gif
    This is a standard weekend ticket giving access to the arena only. It does NOT include a camping ticket.

NB: ticket offers for kids aged 12 and under are available - please check our INFO page for details

Tickets on sale now

BUY TICKETS

z.gif

WEEKEND TICKET WITH 3 DAY CAMPING - £160

z.gif
    This is a standard weekend ticket with camping for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

This ticket is valid ONLY from 8am on Friday 11 June 2010

Tickets on sale now
    BUY TICKETS

z.gif

WEEKEND TICKET WITH 5 DAY CAMPING - £170

z.gif
    Lockers are available for your small valuables (phones, cameras, wallets). Campsite lockers are equipped with a 12v cigarette lighter style power socket for you to plug your in-car charger for your phone, iPod, camera etc in to. Should you not have a 12v charger, most phone chargers are available to purchase from £5 on www.lockerhouse.co.uk or on-site, subject to availability.

You will get to keep a souvenir branded padlock after the event too! Book now, and be sure to keep your stuff safe all weekend.

Your locker will be available to you 24 hrs a day and they will be security managed, lockers will be open from Wednesday ‘til Monday. CCTV is also fitted for added security of your belongings. Please note, campsite lockers are approximately 25cm wide x 15.5cm deep x 10cm high - so they are the right size for small valuables (mobiles, wallets, cameras).

N.B. Customers who are camping will only have access to the lockers situated in the campsite area. Your ticket will not be transferrable to the lockers in the arena as these are exclusively for day ticket holders.

Customers who have booked a locker will be issued an electronic email voucher from Lockerhouse 7 days prior to the festival. This will enable you to register swiftly at the Lockerhouse Box Office which you will find adjacent to the lockers on site.

Lockers will only be available online until 18:00 on Wednesday 02 June 2010. Should you wish to make a purchase after this time, there will be limited availability onsite.

N.B. Lockers will not be made available to Weekend Arena Only ticket holders as a supplementary ticket option. There will be lockers in the arena which will be available at a daily rate TBC
    BUY TICKETS

z.gif

CAR PARKING - £10 in advance, £20 on the day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

40 return on ryan air, prob a few more taxes and charges after that though :rolleyes:

Any idea of a total cost?

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Any idea of a total cost?
    Nope, just done a quick return check a min ago, then got lazy prob around 80 after everything including if you're putting a bag under the plane...? That's my guess :P

You guys could google this stuff easily :P

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/index.aspx

and the forums http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/ :D

Yes, but I'm using boards mobile :P

Thanks for that anyway. Was budgeting around 250-300e but It'd probably have to be more like 350e to budget in ferry costs and petrol. Would also be going for the 5 day camping ticket.

Yes, but I'm using boards mobile :P

Thanks for that anyway. Was budgeting around 250-300e but It'd probably have to be more like 350e to budget in ferry costs and petrol. Would also be going for the 5 day camping ticket.
    If you're driving over, it'd be 170+10 for parking, so around 200 euro (My keboard is ****ed up can't use the euro sign... :pac: ) You could grab the food/drink in the supermarket up the road (can't remember if it's tesco, asda or what) and petrol wouldn't be more than 40 would it :confused:

That seems less than 300 euro...

It probably is less than 300, but I'd like to have that bit extra just incase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Read on Metal Hammer the other day that the guy organising it has said that the bands hes got lined up will in his words.. "blow peoples minds" :pac:

Then again he could be just hyping it all up :D.. sonispheres line up is :eek:
    includes Metallica,Slayer,Rammstein,Iron Maiden, Mastodon and Anthrax.. Is only 1 megadeth short of the big four show people want :pac:

Don't think Metallica are doing it in England though but anyways Id love to go to download if they got a line up anywhere near that quality

It is interesting though.. I wonder who's going to be headlining Download

Yea, I was looking at sonisphere's site, so tempted to go.... but money and finding other people that aren't as broke as me to go with :D

Something like that line up would be awesome! Wonder if we'll get Alice Cooper :pac: :p

Megadeth just got announced for Sonisphere Poland :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Also also for Prague so that's Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer on the same bill, together at last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

funnyname wrote: »
    Also also for Prague so that's Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer on the same bill, together at last.

and heaven and hell, and mastadon ****ing awesome line up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

When he said that the line up would blow peoples minds, I was thinking it would have to be something special: The Big 4 and/or Van Halen and/or Led Zep.:D

Me and the lads are booked as follows: Flights on Flybe from Belfast; Jury's Inn for three nights in Derby - shuttle bus out to gig works regular through day; early bird ticket for the festival all worked out at €335 per person which we figured isn't too bad.

Hope he gets his finger out and announces something shortly as with the recession if you can only afford one festival, sonisphere looks tempting, although is there any chance of a mini-sonisphere the same weekend in Marley Park like was last year?

Then again when the promoter says what he says, maybe he's panicking about sonisphere :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Well there is a rumour going around that the organizers of Download are trying to throw a big lump of cash at the original G N R members to reunite for a once off show but the chances of that happening in my opinion are HIGHLY unlikely...

AC/DC are meant to be trotting around Europe around the time of Download so they might play it..
    Would love to see Alice In Chains play at Download too,they would never get a headline slot but chances are they might get a slot during the day or maybe headline the second stage!!

Noish one!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Well there is a rumour going around that the organizers of Download are trying to throw a big lump of cash at the original G N R members to reunite for a once off show but the chances of that happening in my opinion are HIGHLY unlikely...

That will NEVER happen. Axl just kicked off a world tour and in his own words - "Slash is a cancer"

Oh yeah I know!Very unlikely!!There's too much amonosity between them all to even sit in the same room let alone play a 2 hour set together..I had to laugh when I heard it!Just goes to show the rumours flying around out there are getting abit on the imaginative side! :p

A quick question for those of you who have flown to a festival:

My mate and I are going to download, and we're gonna be booking flights soon. Would we get away with not checking in any bags, and just bringing everything in hand luggage, or would we have to check in a bag?

A quick question for those of you who have flown to a festival:

My mate and I are going to download, and we're gonna be booking flights soon. Would we get away with not checking in any bags, and just bringing everything in hand luggage, or would we have to check in a bag?
    It depends really, I'd say I'd have to. If you are going to be bringing a tent, sleeping bags and everthing with you, I'd don't think there is a way to get around it, way too much stuff! You could buy the tents/sleeping bags over there, but the tent might fall apart :rolleyes: T'is up to you if you want to buy the big stuff here and check bags in or over there and risk a crappy tent and many a think that comes along with it ( I've done the whole crappy tent thing! Being woken up by drops of water on your head is not fun! Oxegen 07)

• Advertisement

Do you reckon we'd have to check in a bag each?

Advertisement