Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disposing of crt monitor

Options
  • 14-12-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know somewhere in louth/meath i can get rid of an old crt monitor, it still works i think but it is on the way out goes wavey sometimes.

Does the WW recycling place in drogheda take them does anyone know and if so how much would it cost me to get rid of it ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Offer it for free to whoever wants it. Otherwise the council recycling depots will take it for free. Not sure which particular depots though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

V&W in Dundalk or Drog...it's free, apart from the gate entry fee (€2?).
    The WEEE charge covers it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wertz wrote: »
    V&W in Dundalk or Drog...it's free, apart from the gate entry fee (€2?).
    The WEEE charge covers it.

100% correct and still 2 Euro for the lift up barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Ok grand thanks for all the replies.

I'll offer it here and on adverts.ie for free if anyone wants it, if not it's off to V & W recycling for it.

My new monitor i bought over a yr ago so WEEE ain't gonna work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nah, the WEEE works for everything...it's not like you have to proove you bought a new one or have the receipt, just that the tax applied to all electrical items sold since 2006(?) goes to funding the recycling cost at centres all over the country (well in theory). Therefore you show up with your old stuff and pay the gate fee and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Wertz wrote: »
    Nah, the WEEE works for everything...it's not like you have to proove you bought a new one or have the receipt, just that the tax applied to all electrical items sold since 2006(?) goes to funding the recycling cost at centres all over the country (well in theory). Therefore you show up with your old stuff and pay the gate fee and that's it.

Ah right i thought u meant the thing whereby u buy and new monitor pay your wee fee on it and then u can bring back your old monitor to the shop where u bought your new one :o

Advertisement