Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bogus Carol Singer

• 14-12-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Chap came to door tonight.Starting singing we wish you a merry xmas.Anyway just as a eldery relative of mine was going to hand over money,i ran out and said what you singing for??
    For st pauls boxing club he said.I said give me identification so.Will have that next week he said.Grand so well you can just f%^& off so then.
    Apparently this is going on around the farron park ,grange lawn area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Saw this **** going on in Lismore Park the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 nyquist

decies wrote: »
    Chap came to door tonight.Starting singing we wish you a merry xmas.Anyway just as a eldery relative of mine was going to hand over money,i ran out and said what you singing for??
    For st pauls boxing club he said.I said give me identification so.Will have that next week he said.Grand so well you can just f%^& off so then.
    Apparently this is going on around the farron park ,grange lawn area.
    I think I met this chap. He called to my door last thursday night in Ardkeen Village. I think he was a traveller about 15 years old or there abouts. He wasn't singing for me though, he wanted to sell me 1 Christmas Door Wreath. He only had 1 and I didnt see him with anyone else, he seemed to be on his own. He claimed he was from the Kingfisher and that he was a boxing instructor with St Pauls and was raising money. He had all this arsed story well rehearsed because I didnt say much and let him talk away. I had just returned home from the Winter Running League so he claimed he saw me training in the Kingfisher numerous times. He also claimed he went to the Garda and city council and got permission to go door to door and that they said he didn't need ID.
    I laughed at him when he asked me to feel the quality, its good quality.
    I didn't think he was 100% right, you'd have to meet him to understand what I mean.
    I told him I'm not a member of the KingFisher and that I wasnt interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Not a little fella with glasses by any chance. 2 of em called to the door today asking for matches to light candles!!! I just laughed at em and told em to feck off and go to the shop. Thought it was a bit weird and didn't recognise em at all from being around as at first though they were kids looking for a light to smoke or something.

Meatwad wrote: »
    Not a little fella with glasses by any chance. 2 of em called to the door today asking for matches to light candles!!! I just laughed at em and told em to feck off and go to the shop. Thought it was a bit weird and didn't recognise em at all from being around as at first though they were kids looking for a light to smoke or something.
    I'd call the cops on those chaps if I was you. They pulled that one on me before. Definitely dodgy.

See my post here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055634392

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

there scoping out houses to rob i,d wreckon! Be cautious! ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Call me old fashioned, but in my day it wasn't mandatory for carol singers to do it for charity. The kids just did it for themselves.

Don't give them money if you don't want to.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭freebird23

thought at first that a few people singing were harmless, kids round here do it. but then as i read on i got concernd, id say you were being cased.

(actually your house was being cased, i dont think they were gonna enter you.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

freebird23 wrote: »
    id say you were being cased.

(actually your house was being cased, i dont think they were gonna enter you.)

LOL :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

nyquist wrote: »
    I think I met this chap. He called to my door last thursday night in Ardkeen Village. I think he was a traveller about 15 years old or there abouts. He wasn't singing for me though, he wanted to sell me 1 Christmas Door Wreath. He only had 1 and I didnt see him with anyone else, he seemed to be on his own. He claimed he was from the Kingfisher and that he was a boxing instructor with St Pauls and was raising money. He had all this arsed story well rehearsed because I didnt say much and let him talk away. I had just returned home from the Winter Running League so he claimed he saw me training in the Kingfisher numerous times. He also claimed he went to the Garda and city council and got permission to go door to door and that they said he didn't need ID.
    I laughed at him when he asked me to feel the quality, its good quality.
    I didn't think he was 100% right, you'd have to meet him to understand what I mean.
    I told him I'm not a member of the KingFisher and that I wasnt interested.

Yea that must be the wreath ho stole from my son's front door in Ardkeen Village........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just had 3 little fella's in me porch trying to sing we wish you a merry chrsitmas. Some little scummy looking chap with glasses. Just told em I had no money, which , well .... I dont so I might go looking for them and join em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Had them here too - husband just opened the window and told them to eff off.

Obvious from the look of them they weren't your average children out trying to spread a bit of christmas cheer and earn a few euro for the holidays.

echosound wrote: »
    Had them here too - husband just opened the window and told them to eff off.

Obvious from the look of them they weren't your average children out trying to spread a bit of christmas cheer and earn a few euro for the holidays.

Ya up in hillview too???? although Im sure there si more than one person going around carol singing lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Meatwad wrote: »

Yeah, sounds like the 2 scobies who knocked at my door up the top of the town last night giving a very desultory rendition of "jingle bells", I slammed the door on them

then tonight the doorbell rang and then he started feckin hammering on the front door, that scobie with the bottletop glasses with a collection tin managed "deck the halls w.." before I slammed the door on him. The feckin cheek of him to start hammering on the door FFS.

chap with the glasses nearly knocked me door down by baiting on it.
    Wonder if they are making much. Fair play to em :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

alinton wrote: »
    Call me old fashioned, but in my day it wasn't mandatory for carol singers to do it for charity. The kids just did it for themselves.

Don't give them money if you don't want to.

A.

Absolutely.

I had 2 'bogus' carol singers come to me door:
    billandted460.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You're confusing bogus, with bodacious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Green Back

Wasn't these annoying buggers by any chance?

meteorxmas.jpg

This evening I had a hare krishna monk call at the door trying to sell vegetarian cookbooks. I think I might buy a shotgun :mad:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

This evening I had a hare krishna monk call at the door trying to sell vegetarian cookbooks. I think I might buy a shotgun :mad:;)
    Nah, sure you can just kill em with your hands, they don't participate in any form of violence so it'd be handy enough:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Why was a krishna monk selling shotguns?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

these chaps were in the pound shop clearing out the 2 euro perfumes with a change jar

later they were knocking around the doors flogging them

in fairness it shows initiative :D

chrism2007 wrote: »
    these chaps were in the pound shop clearing out the 2 euro perfumes with a change jar

later they were knocking around the doors flogging them

in fairness it shows initiative :D
    Bill cullen would be proud lol

haha had that fella call to mine last year lol

Speccy-boy was back again tonight. He must have a short term memory problem or something as he obviously didn't remember the last 2 times I slammed the door in his face :D

ah well they're persistant anywyays. Fair play to them.

seanybiker wrote: »
    ah well they're persistant anywyays. Fair play to them.

aye, persistently irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

alert on bogus bogies
    two the lads in a hiace with rick astley haircuts accosted a man outside aldi sunday evening after he came out with shopping ,offering cut price laptops ,the victim bought 1 "argos catologue in a box style notebook"
    and had his tyres slashed while he was in shopping so he couldnt chase the culprits...be aware...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Hoffmans wrote: »
    alert on bogus bogies
    two the lads in a hiace with rick astley haircuts accosted a man outside aldi sunday evening after he came out with shopping ,offering cut price laptops ,the victim bought 1 "argos catologue in a box style notebook"
    and had his tyres slashed while he was in shopping so he couldnt chase the culprits...be aware...

with all due respect... serves him right......
    he had to realise that the laptop he tought he was buying was dodgey, more than likely stolen from somewhere....

Hoffmans wrote: »
    alert on bogus bogies
    thats happening all the time. Dunno why people just dont check the bag first. Kinda funny

• Advertisement

robtri wrote: »
    with all due respect... serves him right......
    he had to realise that the laptop he tought he was buying was dodgey, more than likely stolen from somewhere....

Which aldi? I havent heard of that before here in waterford.

Advertisement