Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrel lengths Army 1911?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Should be getting my Army 1911's shortly, have ordered some threaded barrels for them but think I could have ordered the wrong size... whoops. Anyways does anyone know what length barrel they take?

The exact model 1911 ordered is....

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/army-r27-m-e-u-m1911-metal-airsoft-gbb-pistol-bk.html

And the barrel ordered is ....

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=30773

Question though, although ehobby say the barrel length is 110mm (or 4.3 inches) Other sites say the barrel length is actually the 5.1 inches? The 4.3 barrels are a present from someone but just would like to know can I expect them to be too short? Anyone have one or ether gun or parts? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

hate to break it to you dude but i dont think that barrl will even fit your 1911 =S
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Hey Spooky, dang was afraid of that. How'd ya reckon? You have one of these? Strange seeing as ehobby say the barrel lengths on both here are the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

im no expert expert in suiting up my guns, but i know the general jist of things as most of my team does it all completely themselves =S
    but the barrel your looking at says its for a hi-capa pistol, it has the general shape of a 1911 but i dont think the inners are the same coz of the different body of the hi-capa, but i'v never looked inside a hi-capa before so =S
    i have 2 1911s myself and theyr both different inside aswell, so... =S
    my advice would be to find a barrel made for your pistol model,
    or wait for someone else to reply with advice =P
    sorry i cant help you with more my friend,
    i do recommend a the KWA 1911, thought, its a pretty bog standard 1911, cheap, slim grip(fr those smaller hands, or personal prefernce), the mag has never fallen out(althought it requires a extra tap to make sure its secured), very light(not a fan of very light guns, but its light compared to my WE 1911 with a heavy slide, the KWA pistol gives a higher FPS, and is suitable for those quick trigger fingers), has never failed me! personal my favourite pistol of my arsnel =)
    xXx
    sorry if thats all useless intel. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Thanks for the info spooky, appreciate it.

Anyone with an Army 1911 meu r27 and know the barrel length?

Advertisement