Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Abuse

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭

I'd like to bring to your attention This thread, which started off on After Hours, and was then moved to The Cuckoos Nest.
    It started out as a friendly chat in binary talk, but by page four, a mod, Sarky, had changed every single post to a video of the Rick Roll viral, which i see as mod abuse.
    I then sent him a PM asking why he did it, but I wont mention the details as I know I cant until given permission.

Surely he cant go on doing this :/

Thank you for anyones time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

While I can understand you're being upset at not being able to carry on your conversation in binary, you also have to remember that the normal rules of Boards do not necessarily apply to TCN. Or, as the forum charter so succinctly puts it:

The Cuckoo's Nest IS A PLACE FOR SILLY.

If every post was Rick Rolled in a thread in AH, or any other forum on Boards for that matter, you'd probably have a case for claiming mod abuse. However, TCN is outside the space/time continuum as we know it and all sorts of weird stuff goes on there basically for sh*ts and giggles. Now it isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I can understand why, but the Nesters are good people who bear no malice towards their fellow Boardsies and just want to have a bit of silly fun. If you're up for that in any way yourself, give the forum a chance, you might find you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

While I know how the Cuckoos Nest works, I still deem it unfair that this behaviour can go unpunished, not once was I warned or told about the thread being suddenly changed.
    The PM I received back was then in another realm of sillyness, hardly a good excuse for it.
    I'd understand if this was done early on in the thread, but the fact it stayed in After Hours for so long, and was allowed to continue for so long, is what makes me fight this particular thread.
    All of myself and other posters 'work' and time was suddenly taken away, and if you notice, not a single one us has posted since, so I'm assuming DrMorphine also deemed it unbelievable.

Thanks for your time, again.

Oh, I'd like to add, on top of that, it's not the first time my posts have been changed or moved by Sarky.

In fairness, I don't think it's anything personal from Sarky. Once a thread is in TCN it's pretty much fair game, regardless of who started or posted on it. Your real issue as I see it is with the AH mods as they are the ones who moved it to TCN. That said, the thread lasted only 6 minutes in AH before it was moved to the Nest, most of the posts on it were made after the move.

I'm afraid there's not really an awful lot I can do for you other than suggest you PM the AH mods and ask that they close, rather than move to TCN, any similar threads in future.

Zaph wrote: »
    In fairness, I don't think it's anything personal from Sarky. Once a thread is in TCN it's pretty much fair game, regardless of who started or posted on it. Your real issue as I see it is with the AH mods as they are the ones who moved it to TCN. That said, the thread lasted only 6 minutes in AH before it was moved to the Nest, most of the posts on it were made after the move.

I'm afraid there's not really an awful lot I can do for you other than suggest you PM the AH mods and ask that they close, rather than move to TCN, any similar threads in future.
    Oh, I could have sworn it lasted longer :o
    I was rather enjoying the thread, so much as to not notice that :rolleyes:

But anyway, if it's fair game surely that means normal posters should be able to turn threads around like that? Using a Mod power is a bit abusive, dont you think?

Thank you for seeing this (what now seems) stupid little argument.

• Advertisement

But anyway, if it's fair game surely that means normal posters should be able to turn threads around like that? Using a Mod power is a bit abusive, dont you think?

Well as I said, if were anywhere else but the Nest I'd totally agree with you and action would be taken. But as it's the Boards home of silliness, it's hard to argue against something as silly as Rick Rolling every post. Obviously regular posters are at a disadvantage as to what they can change, but I'm sure there are plenty of ways to subvert a thread given the right measure of creativity.

Hmm ok, thanks for hearing me out, maybe pass on a word to Sarky?

Lock em up, Lou.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement