Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

few questions

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

so do i need 2 farmer's written permission?

You need whatever your Super says you need ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

just an update!
    i put €200 deposit on the rifle yesterday, bought the safe, putting it up tomorrow and going to take pic's just to put them in with the forms.
    i have most of the FCA1 done just waiting on permissions need 1 more :D and "proof of competence" i was wondering if i could put my time out in the field with my uncle and my aunt's husband and his brother they do alot of deerhunting etc.. just wondering if i can put that i having being out with them and they thought me about safety etc... they have got firearms since they are 17 hehe 45-48 now so would that count?
    i made copy's of everything, and i got my mother to write out a letter say that she is happy with the gun being in the house.

here is a pic i took:D:D:D
    21012010001.jpg

Hopefully now, thing's run smoothly:cool: i'm kinda nervous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

nice gun, where did you buy the safe, looking for one myself

jap gt wrote: »
    nice gun, where did you buy the safe, looking for one myself
    i bought the last one the lad had its a monster of a safe €150 :D

just got another quick question that popped into my head while i was reading another thread.
    can i tick the silencer box if i don't have a silencer? i intend to buy one if i get my license granted and i am allowed.

• Advertisement

just got another quick question that popped into my head while i was reading another thread.
    can i tick the silencer box if i don't have a silencer? i intend to buy one if i get my license granted and i am allowed.

as far as im aware, a silencer requires a licence before buying it, just tick the box and maybe give a few reasons you want it

as far as im aware, a silencer requires a licence before buying it, just tick the box and maybe give a few reasons you want it
    yeh because i was going to tick the box and wait a few weeks if/after i get the license and buy one then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you intend to buy or have a silencer/moderator then you need to tick silencer box on the FCA1 when applying for your firearms license. If you do not tick the box and get the firearms license and decide to apply later for the silencer then you will need to pay another €80 to have the silencer added to your license.

Apply for it with your firearms license. All at once.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    If you intend to buy or have a silencer/moderator then you need to tick silencer box on the FCA1 when applying for your firearms license. If you do not tick the box and get the firearms license and decide to apply later for the silencer then you will need to pay another €80 to have the silencer added to your license.

Apply for it with your firearms license. All at once.

yep just ticked the box now :D
    i just noticed that the farmer i asked for the permission didn't put the acreage on it does this matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

yep just ticked the box now :D
    i just noticed that the farmer i asked for the permission didn't put the acreage on it does this matter?

Ha, ha:D, cute farmer!;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

.............i just noticed that the farmer i asked for the permission didn't put the acreage on it does this matter?

Wouldn't worry about it. The permissions seem to suffice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

just back from doing the firearm safety course, man it was a blast! got to shoot some clays when it was over, i got 8/10 it was some fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

just back from doing the firearm safety course, man it was a blast! got to shoot some clays when it was over, i got 8/10 it was some fun

That's it .......... too late now ..................... now you'll be hooked forever.

;)

That's it .......... too late now ..................... now you'll be hooked forever.

;)
    hehehe yup ! XD
    just handed in my application, guess its just a waiting game now =)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭noodle650

just got my letter on the 30th of january! saying that it had been accepted, payment sent just waiting for the licence now! will be collecting my little cz 452 in .22lr from murrays this weekend all being well! and gues what! im 17! it isnt impossible to get a licence if your young, you just need to show that you arent a tit! it worked for my shotty and it worked for the fac too!
    best
    Noods (dogfox)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

Well done - enjoy !

noodle650 wrote: »
    just got my letter on the 30th of january! saying that it had been accepted, payment sent just waiting for the licence now! will be collecting my little cz 452 in .22lr from murrays this weekend all being well! and gues what! im 17! it isnt impossible to get a licence if your young, you just need to show that you arent a tit! it worked for my shotty and it worked for the fac too!
    best
    Noods (dogfox)

well done, when did you apply

best
    Noods (dogfox)

wish you meny years safe shooting!
    i handed in my apps last week i think

well done, when did you apply
    start of january, but i handed in my first app this time last year! before i knew about the licence change so it never got granted or refused!

start of january, but i handed in my first app this time last year! before i knew about the licence change so it never got granted or refused!

handing mine in friday so hopefully shouldnt be waiting too long

• Advertisement

just got my fac in the post! happy bunny! and just 5 1/2 weeks!

did you get a visit about the saf, just fitted mine today. think i have all my info together now

yeha that was done in the summer! i also have a 12 gauge

quick question ( didnt want to start a new thread )
    i no it usually take 3 months but would it be ok the give my local station a ring see how long more? or would that put them off?

Advertisement