Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent pop up tent

Options
  • 14-12-2009 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭

I have a decent tent already, and I'm happy with it.

That said, I am going on a bit of a kayaking trip next year and I want a reliable pop up tent that is reasonable quality, good value, and fairly water resistant. I also want this tent to fold up properly again. No use having a pop up tent unless it folds away again easily.

I'm not sure if I want to spend too much on this tent. It might be something that I would use at festivals, so it might get wrecked.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've seen the Gelert pop ups, but I was never hugely impressed with other gelert stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Noangel72

I agree! I wouldn't use Gelert gear even if I had it for free....

Re tent, if you are using it for proper outdoor activities I would go for a proper kit....I have a Vango Spirit 200 and it has proved to be great in heavy rain, snow and gusty winds, it's also very light at 2.1kg......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Noangel72 wrote: »
    I agree! I wouldn't use Gelert gear even if I had it for free....

Re tent, if you are using it for proper outdoor activities I would go for a proper kit....I have a Vango Spirit 200 and it has proved to be great in heavy rain, snow and gusty winds, it's also very light at 2.1kg......

Nice and lightweight - that's never a pop-up tent tho, is it? I am just looking for something that's fast to put up in the evening.

Advertisement