Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU gets Season 2

Options
  • 14-12-2009 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭

Syfy announced it was renewing its new series Stargate Universe for a second season and it was also picking up Sanctuary for a third season. Both were given 20 episode orders which will begin airing in the fall.

Sanctuary is currently in the midst of airing its second season, while Stargate Universe is on hiatus between the first half of season one and the second half, which will air in April. Universe has been controversial with Stargate fans, who've shown a mixed reaction to the franchise's new direction.

"We're dealing with 15 seasons of expectations with a certain fanbase," executive producer Robert Cooper told the Hollywood Reporter. "Hopefully, as the show goes on, people will appreciate Universe for being its own thing."

He also revealed a new alien race will be added to the show. "There is a big story point coming up that does introduce an alien race," Cooper said. "It's more along the line of a District 9-type alien. Our interaction is handled in a very Universe way; they're not the typical Stargate alien bad guys."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/syfy-renews-stargate-univ.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

just read it, great news, new aliens good to hear, hopefully the story start advanceing soon so,

20 epsiode order aswell there obviously confident about the show, and sanctuary getting a 20 episode order also is great, the show has grown on me, i didnt really like the webisodes but gave it a chance, and im delighted, its very original and enjoyable, and also has amanda tapping:D,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Expected but good to hear nonetheless. I'm liking the show even if it's not without its problems and do think it has great potential.

Also good news about Sanctuary!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well average estimate viewership is 2.6 million. Thats a lot.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/12/universe-adds-nearly-50-percent-in-dvr-audience/

The only reason the finale ratings sank were because of Monk: which had its world finale in the same time slot. They got over 9 millions viewers, which was record shattering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

And White Collar got 5.5m off the back of the Monk finale, not surprised SGU gets a second season....personally i like the show, but i was never a huge fan of SG1/A....so i came at it somewhat fresh.

Advertisement