Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda S2000 Crash

• 14-12-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see the wrecked Honda S2000 on the N7 (southbound) between Kill and Naas yesterday?
    Loooooooooonnnnnng skid marks up to the point of impact. The car was wrecked. Front and rear mangled, back wheel almost ripped off.

Sad sight :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Pity to hear that, Nice car the S2k!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

v-tech.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

You've been waiting to use that have'nt you Stealthspeeder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 northsidedave

yeah was heading to cork yesterday,got a good look at it too thought it was a bmw at first....nasty alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

saw one binned on the m50 about a month ago. I'd have thought that country lanes would be the most likely graveyard for those cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

You've been waiting to use that have'nt you Stealthspeeder!

I was waiting for one of the forums teg owners to crash......... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

most of the S2000 I've come across have been wrecked at one time or another.

The majority of drivers not capable of handling them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I was waiting for one of the forums teg owners to crash.........

Get rid of that h at the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

v-tech.jpg

Lol i was in a Chinese taxi once and thought i was going to end up like above.

LOL. No seat belts in the rear of those Chinese sorocco thingys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What time? I was out that way and didn't see anything...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

It was around 13:30 when I passed it. It was there earlier cos I saw it at around 10:30 when I was heading up.

Wonder if it was joyriders or the owner that crashed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Pity no one had a passenger with them to snap a pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UpTheTreaty

The-Game wrote: »
    Pity no one had a passenger with them to snap a pic!

why would you want to see a pic of a crashed car??

why would you want to see a pic of a crashed car??

Part curiosity to see how much damage was done to the car, gives an idea of the structure strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

are s2k's still available (new)?

Damn, such a awesome car. Id say it would give cars worth double its money a run for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UpTheTreaty

Dont think they are available new in Ireland anymore, the emissions based tax would have killed em, highest tax bracket.
    They had a run out model in the UK alright as this will be there last year on sale, 10 years, 1999-2009

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Dont suppose you know the colour/year ?

I dont live far off the N7 , and im away on holidays at the moment in lanzarote - would be pretty **** news for xmas to return to no car.

That being said the alarm is pretty excellent with the code on it so id be surprised if they got that far , but ud never know !!

Must check the tracker site and make sure its still at home - fingers crossed.

DjTaz wrote: »

I dont live far off the N7 , and im away on holidays at the moment in lanzarote - would be pretty **** news for xmas to return to no car.

That being said the alarm is pretty excellent with the code on it so id be surprised if they got that far , but ud never know !!

Hopefully its not yours then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

v-tech.jpg
    WTF was he playing with this?
    vtech-digital-camera.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

DjTaz wrote: »

Didn't get the year, but it was a dark grey one.
    Hope it's not yours!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

saw this sunday morning around 11. shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Hammertime wrote: »
    most of the S2000 I've come across have been wrecked at one time or another.

The majority of drivers not capable of handling them

Apparently they can be tricky handling in poor weather, but maybe that's just people blaming the car after they stack it.. Would like one of them but would hate the thought of scum getting their mitts on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

I've one and find it no more tricky to drive in wet/icy weather than any other car. Once you dont floor it out of roundabouts or around corners its glued to the road.

Dont let the thoughts of skum put you off buying one though, the same would apply with any car,just buy one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I've found the S2k to be very compliant, and even at 9k rpm on a wet road I've not been caught out, other than a couple of twitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

JHMEG wrote: »
    9k rpm on a wet road

asking for trouble there

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭al.

9k rpm on a wet road in the S:eek::eek::eek:. There are way too many of them binned during the winter months to say that it is compliant at this rev range in wet conditions....

The S is a tricky car to handle in the wet and has to be given utmost respect... its all part of the joys of driving it tho and my god when the roads are dry.... No car comes close to it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

tdc wrote: »
    asking for trouble there
    al. wrote: »
    9k rpm on a wet road in the S:eek::eek::eek:. There are way too many of them binned during the winter months to say that it is compliant at this rev range in wet conditions....

LOL JMHEG, looks like the quattro police are out in force this weather (sic) :p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement