Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux vs Windows 7

Options
  • 14-12-2009 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Windows 7

* Cake

Linux

* Pie

Discuss.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Forgive me for asking, but...
    a) Why are you posting this?
    b) Where are you getting these "facts" from? (Eg "Final version likely to improve" what would you consider final? SP1? SP2? Whatever it looks like when MS finally stop supporting it?)
    c) Are you really going to claim that you can usefully compare Windows 7 to every version of Linux out there and derive anything even slightly meaningful? I mean, at least talk about RHEL as the linux equivalent of Win7 Enterprise, if you expect us to play along with whatever daft game it is you're playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Use whatever does the job :)

Amuse yourself with this thread.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ethernet wrote: »
    Use whatever does the job :)

Quoted for the truthy goodness contained therein. Why people try to assume that one OS/application/browser/hardware platform will suit everyone's needs is beyond me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

lovejenete wrote: »
    Windows 7

* Faster transfer of large files.

Don't know where your getting that from?! I'm a linux person myself but as others have said, to each there own!
    lovejenete wrote: »
    Windows 7

* * Final version likely to improve.

MS are going to keep updating windows?? I wonder if the Linux distros will think of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

We don't need another one of these threads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Has to go here OP started comparing Windows 7 to Vista and sorta lost the plot shortly thereafter.

Linux vs Windows 7 ?

The winner is BSD , because Mauve has more RAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

OP has been modified to fit somewhere useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I do like cake AND pie. In fact I've always wanted to make a cake, then cover it in pastry and bake it again to make a cakepie. Perhaps Windows and Linux could learn from such an example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Windows 7 is like a fancy french soufflé, it needs lots of hot air to impress people.
    Linux is more like the apple pie bought in the market...organic apples grown donated by a local farmer, fair trade flour ground by hand by some poor late night coder miller, butter cheerfully offered by a group of co-operative cows...and just the right amount of sugar to make it taste good for all.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Forget Windows and Linux, cake wins everytime! Which would you rather; a nice cup a tea and a slice of cake, or another hour in front of the computer? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was gonna say the Linux cake is a lie, but it was actually damn tasty :D

Advertisement