Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacky Light Up Jesus Picture

Options
  • 14-12-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone seen those light up Sacred Heart of Jesus framed pictures anywhere in Dublin? I'm looking to get one for someone for Christmas but I can't find any anywhere. I've tried a few bargain/euro shops about town but no joy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

They used to have them in that really tacky shop called "What" in Blanchardstown.
    I think thats the name. It's beside "inspiring Ideas" in the T.K Max retail park.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Probably get them on Meath St or Thomas St on one of the stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Probably get them on Meath St or Thomas St on one of the stalls.

Ah, good thinking! That's only a stones throw from my house too :)

cosmic wrote: »
    Ah, good thinking! That's only a stones throw from my house too :)

Failing that, that religious shop next to Burger King on O'Connell St sells them, or used to anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mark Surname

like in father teds house :D

Maybe knock around to some old people and ask them if they would sell theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the nik nak shops on talbot street would provably have them

the nik nak shops on talbot street would provably have them

That's what I had thought, but I had a wander up and down Talbot St the other day and they had some tacky Jesus stuff but not the light up pictures. I know the place on O'Connell St that Gavin mentioned though, I'm going to pop in after work today because I'd say they'll more than likely have what I'm looking for. Ah, last minute Christmas shopping.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You call that last minute? :eek:

Got it!

Thanks all :) Didn't have much luck getting a picture but I did one better and got a hideously tacky picture/clock combo with flashing lights. Great!
    Bambi wrote: »
    You call that last minute? :eek:

I like to be organised :o

Where'd you get it in the end?

• Advertisement

Where'd you get it in the end?

One of the bargain/discount type shops in Talbot Street (like Admiral said). It's funny, I had already looked in that shop twice over the past week and even yesterday I didn't see them. I got talking to a guy who works there though and he showed them to me.

They were out of stock in the place on O'Connell Street but apparently they'll be back in on Monday if anyone else is looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Failing that, that religious shop next to Burger King on O'Connell St sells them, or used to anyway.

Its called Mediatrix. Its selling seeds at the momnet for when the big famine comes again :confused:

My fave Jesus tacky posters are the holograms ones where hes dead one minute, alive the next. Got it for my boyfriend once for his birthday :)

Advertisement