Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels in Sydney

Options
  • 14-12-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey I've decided to go and live in Sydney in the new year and i was wondering if anyone could recommend any nice but cheap hostels to stay in.

I was looking at The Pink House which is $174 a wk to stay in and also the Jolly Swagmans which is about $180 a wk.

Does anyone know if either of these hostels are good? I stayed in the wake up the last time I was there but it's a little bit too big and expensive for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If it's hostels you're looking for then have a look on hostelworld.com

You can get prices and book beds, and there's usually photos and reviews so you can get an idea of what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

There is a place in newtown called the abbey on king, they do cheap weekly rates, in the winter I think it was 110-130 a week, not bad, a few friends stayed there and it was grand, 5min walk from train station, good pubs and good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

The Big Hostel on Elizabeth Street is an ok hostel. Wake Up is also decent. Hostelsworld.com will rarely see you go wrong on the hostel front.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Seconded on Big hostel!

Advertisement