Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I contact regarding personal abuse?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I made a thread a while back on a forum here and while I agree that it got out of hand, mostly because I didn't get my point across, I misunderstood an element of debate and was not allowed a reply (thread was locked due to trolling during my abscence) . I will agree that while I made an initial valid point, I didn't reply well and was mauled in the thread (called a 'tard, etc. etc.)

However as easy as it is to avoid this thread, I do not believe I should be abused on my personal page. If he wants to have a go at my post, fine, but taking it to my page to mock me is too much.

Can anyone recommend what I should do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If someone has commented on your boards.ie profile, you'll see a "Report" option to the right of it.

Click on that to report the message :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Cheers.
    I've already deleted it though. Will that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Cheers.
    I've already deleted it though. Will that matter?

No, that won't matter. We can see everything. :)

Having said that, I had a look at it and to be honest, I personally wouldn't take great offence to what was said. Then again, I probably don't get what it is all about.

If you want to take it to PM, by all means do.

a

Advertisement