If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tangent Tuner and Cd Player

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I got a Richersounds email a while back which had the Tangent TNR50 tuner at £19.95, is it still at this price and if so do you have it in stock? Would also be considering the Tangent CDP-50 to go along with the tuner to make a nice budget setup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'd be interested in same (along with the amp) if still available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Replied to the email the other day but don't know if it was received. Just checking on stock availability and price for the cd player also.

Thanks guys

appreciate if either of you could keep me updated also!

Sweetie, Kenny emailed me, he has the cd player in stock but needs to order in the tuner, I didn't ask about an amp. Hope that helps.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We have the Tangent CDP50 & the AMP50 available from stock at £59.95 / €68.99 each - the TNR50 we are currently out of stock - but I do hope to get more in over the next couple of weeks!

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way or if you would liek me to reserve anything..

(and apologies again for the delay..)

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Looking for a price for the tangent amp, cd, tuner and pair of bookshelf speakers that would suit it. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Hi John,

Did ask here about the amp a couple of days ago here but I guess this answers my question :)

Could you do the amp for the same price as the rest of the UK - £50? Although I see it is an "instore only" offer.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/tangent/amp50/tang-amp50-sil

Would very much like to reserve one!

What's the deal with delivery and boards.ie BTW? Or indeed collection from the Philips shop, is that a cheaper option? How best to arrange purchase?

Many thanks,

Greg

bump

sweetie wrote: »
    Hi John,

Looking for a price for the tangent amp, cd, tuner and pair of bookshelf speakers that would suit it. cheers

:confused:

Hi John,

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nephster wrote: »
    Hi John,

Did ask here about the amp a couple of days ago here but I guess this answers my question :)

Could you do the amp for the same price as the rest of the UK - £50? Although I see it is an "instore only" offer.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/tangent/amp50/tang-amp50-sil

Would very much like to reserve one!

What's the deal with delivery and boards.ie BTW? Or indeed collection from the Philips shop, is that a cheaper option? How best to arrange purchase?

Many thanks,

Greg

Greg & Sweetie,

apologies for the delay in our reply. :o

We have the CDP50 and the Amp 50 in stock in small but reasonable quantities so I'm happy to break ze rules and do a sly boardie shipping special ;).

Delivery to Dublin for one or the two units would be just £11.99 for the shipment and if you are interested just drop us an email to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will get you sorted,

ATB and apologies for the delay,

The RS Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Sweetie,

Apologies for ignoring you - (not intentional) - how's that nice new TV keeping??

Anyway the CDP50 CD Player - £49.95 / €58.99, AMP50 Amplifier - £49.95 / €58.99, TNR50 Tuner - £29.95 / €34.99 - If you wanted to stick on a tight budget I would add the Eltax Concept Mini at a lunatic £19.95 / €22.99.

If you wanted to up the quality a bit the Gale Silver Monitors are excellent at just £79.95 a pair.

If you wanted another suggestion - we have just bought a quantity of the Teac Reference 300 AGH300 Mk3 Receiver (apologies for the awful link) - this is a top class piece of kit that did retail at £249.95!!! I can do a Boardie special on them (in Black) at just £69.95 which is PURE LUNATIC price for a quality receiver.

Apologies again for the dealy in getting back to you and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

The RS Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Thanks John, got the amp and very pleased with it. It's sitting in an HMV radiogram amping a 50-year-old Garrard turntable and Celestion speakers which although by no means hi-fi sound surprisingly decent :) Putting in an expensive amp would have been pointless but couldn't force myself to stick any old rubbish in.

This Tangent crowd were a new one on me, but a good find!

Anyway the CDP50 CD Player - £49.95 / €58.99, AMP50 Amplifier - £49.95 / €58.99, TNR50 Tuner - £29.95 / €34.99

If the tuner is back in stock, can I order it please along with the CDP50?

Thanks guys

Thanks John, no bother with the delay. The tv is great and being admired by many!

Would like an inbetween option for the speakers if you have one, similar to the price in the offer here http://www.richersounds.com/information/hifisystems

not sure what speakers can go with this amp, i'm only familiar with bigger pa systems :D

cheers
    Sweetie,

Apologies for ignoring you - (not intentional) - how's that nice new TV keeping??

Anyway the CDP50 CD Player - £49.95 / €58.99, AMP50 Amplifier - £49.95 / €58.99, TNR50 Tuner - £29.95 / €34.99 - If you wanted to stick on a tight budget I would add the Eltax Concept Mini at a lunatic £19.95 / €22.99.

If you wanted to up the quality a bit the Gale Silver Monitors are excellent at just £79.95 a pair.

If you wanted another suggestion - we have just bought a quantity of teh Teac Reference 300 AGH300 Mk3 Receiver (apologies for the awful link) - this is a top class piece of kit that did retail at £249.95!!! I can do a Boardie special on them (in Black) at just £69.95 which is PURE LUNATIC price for a quality receiver.

Apologies again for the dealy in getting back to you and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

The RS Crew

If the tuner is back in stock, can I order it please along with the CDP50?

Thanks guys

Guinness,

we have a (VERY) few of the TNR50's left - but your order is on the system already and we hope to get it despatched on Monday.

Thanks again and hope it matches all your other kit!

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks John, no bother with the delay. The tv is great and being admired by many!

Would like an inbetween option for the speakers if you have one, similar to the price in the offer here http://www.richersounds.com/information/hifisystems

not sure what speakers can go with this amp, i'm only familiar with bigger pa systems :D

cheers

Sweet,

..mmm we don't have many speakers priced per pair between £29-79 - how about these two options - JBL Control One priced at £59.95 a pair or the excellent Eltax Concept 180 which work really well with the Tangent kit and are a complete steal at just £69.95 a pair!

Both of these are available from stock so just drop us a line to johnmc@richersounds.ie if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

hi john,

Am i right in saying the tangent gear is only in silver? Was considering more
    expensive system but my recent burst pipes have cost me 500 euro :mad:

hi john,

Am i right in saying the tangent gear is only in silver? Was considering more
    expensive system but my recent burst pipes have cost me 500 euro :mad:

Sweet,

sorry about the pipes :eek:

Yep the Tangent is pretty much only available in silver and is running out fast!

We do have the Teac AGH300 receiver which is a far higher standard of kit than the Tangents in Black on a boardie special at £69.95 if you were interested in that??

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

thanks john, what cd player and speakers would you pair with it?

Sweet,

sorry about the pipes :eek:

Yep the Tangent is pretty much only available in silver and is running out fast!

We do have the Teac AGH300 receiver which is a far higher standard of kit than the Tangents in Black on a boardie special at £69.95 if you were interested in that??

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.