Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Loan

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Anyone got one? how do they work? do u agree to repay the bulk after the wedding from cash gifts and then repay the outstanding balance over time at a set repayment rate? Or is an O/D for the occasion a better route and just pay it off once the wedding is over?

Also are they easy/difficult loans to get?

I have had many loans with my bank down the years and repayed them all in full with no missed payments.

I do have a current loan with the CU and car finance with my bank.

Have a large CC balance but again have never missed a payment with that either, not has my fiance.

So I would having had plenty loans, and never missed a payment on any of them, my credit rating should be ok....shouldnt it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Liam79 wrote: »
    Anyone got one? how do they work? do u agree to repay the bulk after the wedding from cash gifts and then repay the outstanding balance over time at a set repayment rate? Or is an O/D for the occasion a better route and just pay it off once the wedding is over?

Also are they easy/difficult loans to get?

I have had many loans with my bank down the years and repayed them all in full with no missed payments.

I do have a current loan with the CU and car finance with my bank.

Have a large CC balance but again have never missed a payment with that either, not has my fiance.

So I would having had plenty loans, and never missed a payment on any of them, my credit rating should be ok....shouldnt it?

Regardless of what you call it, a loan is a loan.

The basic principle of borrowing money is a term called "repayment capacity" - i.e the amount you have left based on your incomings and outgoings.

I'm sure you're well aware of the cost of a wedding; unless you earn a crazy amount per month, you won't be financing a wedding with an overdraft. The level of an overdraft (for personal customers) should not exceed your weekly / monthy wage.

Anyhow, a term loan is your only option here.

Advertisement