Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanted irish dancers singers and musicians for tour

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi everyone!

ok people this is how it is i need 2 female irish dancers and one male i also need musicians such as harp flute,button accordion fiddle double bass and a very talented singer for gigs in europe and tour gigs across the states so get posting as quickly as possible musicians from throughout ireland welcome! Just so you know im a fiddle/flute/banjo player from Mayo who wants to hit the ground running with this!

Tess!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

When would the gigs be taking place? What kind of show is it that you're looking to put together?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fiddlequeen

Hopefully if i have everything together and set, show will start within Ireland in Febuary and europe and the states just before Paddy's day! It will be a Trad Music show with a twist of a slight modern take mixed with older style Trad elements such as sean nos dancing modern irish dance and a very confident vocalist! what do you play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 castlesb

Sounds good. I'm a concertina/low whistle player. Have toured with several dance groups before.
    Brenda

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bayan

That's some magic trick, getting the gigs all sorted before any music? A tour in Europe, and the States no less!
    Maybe I'm just way too suspicious, but are you actually trying to put a band together from scratch from Boards? Do you not know any musicians... eh, fiddlequeen?
    Apologies if I'm being too harsh and this is genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Bayan wrote: »
    That's some magic trick, getting the gigs all sorted before any music? A tour in Europe, and the States no less!
    Maybe I'm just way too suspicious, but are you actually trying to put a band together from scratch from Boards? Do you not know any musicians... eh, fiddlequeen?
    Apologies if I'm being too harsh and this is genuine.

I know what you mean, fiddlequeen got a hard time over on session.org

More info is needed though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Damhsa

Hi,

If you need irish dancers please let me know. My group "Damhsa" is made up only dancers from Lord of the Dance and Riverdance that are now back home from tour. We are back home and currently perfroming for corp events, festivals etc.. Check out our website at www.damhsa.ie. You can email me at jim@damhsa.ie to discuss further.

thank

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MickyBaker

Hi there,

Im a professional Guitarist/bouzouki player.
    Ive played with all the top trad players from Frankie Gavin (De Danann) to Noel Hill.

I curently work with
    - Brian Mc Grath( ex pianist with Seane Keane- singer)
    - John Carty (trad musician of the year 2004)
    - John Mc Sherry in "At First Light"

You didnt mention guitar in your set up but i think it could be vital to the set up.

All the best,

Mick

Advertisement