Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house with UPC

• 14-12-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

If I bring my UPC router to another house with UPC should it work straight away or will I have to wait for them to come out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

They'll have to enable the line/transfer your account over - assuming of course that it is available at your new address. They'll still end up sending an engineer out, they won't simply switch things on and ask you to connect your modem/router back up yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

You need to call them to arrange a house move.
    They ask for you to give them a few weeks notice IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

I just brought mine to the new address and hooked it up without any issues then called up a few days later to update the address. No problem whatsoever doing that provided the line to the house is active and capable of broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

robcon wrote: »
    I just brought mine to the new address and hooked it up without any issues then called up a few days later to update the address. No problem whatsoever doing that provided the line to the house is active and capable of broadband.

Depends on whether the previous house has had BB recently.
    If not the levels probably wouldn't be correct.
    If the previous tenants had BB you can just plug in your equipment and it should work, but as you were saying, he'd need to let UPC know.

Advertisement