Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this what it's coming to ?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:48pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Exclusive : Shocking waste of taxpayers money.

The Independent has learned of yet another shocking waste of taxpayers money this time in Kerry County Council.

Our investigative reporter has learned that the Council (staffed by public servants) has ordered defibrilators for each of its public offices for a whopping €23,345. In a damning indictment of the Public Service in this country it has emerged that these devices will only be available to customers during the public-opening hours of the building but will be available to all staff from 8:00am to 8:00pm

Even more worrying these devices will not be available to heart-attack victims in other locations. In a heartfelt plea Mr Jimmmy Jones (of the Independent Quote & Action Group) begged the County Council to review their restrictions:

"I'm outraged at this waste of public money. I've been talking about paying tax for years and it's a crying shame that people in Donegal and Sligo are not allowed to use these devices. I hope that Kerry County Council (where all staff retire after 23 years with an average pension of €87,265) accept that they will have the blood of many heart-attack victims from outside the county."

At the time of writing the County Manager was unavailable for comment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

You sir are no comedian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

was that supposed to be funny??
    seriously.........:confused:

Epic Fail :o

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It's not supposed to be funny.

Read it closely. Notice the emotive phrases, the buzzwords, the allegations, the instruction on how to think.

Compare it to what pops up on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If this is an actual story, it's pretty badly written and doesn't have a link from the OP or a view from the OP as the charter requires.

If it isn't an actual story, it's just pretty badly written (little offence intended, but if that's intended as satire of some sort, please improve before wasting more time here).

Either way, it's not within the rules or up to scratch. Probably both. Comments to me by PM. If I've completely misread the above, please let me know by PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement