Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infractions

Options
  • 14-12-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is there any way of making your infractions not viewable from your profile?
    Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

You can see your own infractions, no one else can see them except Mods or Admins

If you were to view my profile you shouldn't be able to see my infractions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

whats the difference between a profile infraction and a private one?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jazzy wrote: »
    theyre the Same thing. Every infraction you get is only viewable by You and Moderators.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Jazzy wrote: »
    Specifically, a normal infraction is linked to a post - a user gets infracted for something they posted. A profile infraction is given for something that is non post related such as abuse of the visitor message system, reported private messages or adverts rule breaches. :)

Can somebody tell me what a private infraction is? I've seen them on profiles a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Steve wrote: »
    Specifically, a normal infraction is linked to a post - a user gets infracted for something they posted. A profile infraction is given for something that is non post related such as abuse of the visitor message system, reported private messages or adverts rule breaches. :)

oh really. thanks :) thats helped clarify some things and intentions for me

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah.. never had one of those. interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Can somebody tell me what a private infraction is? I've seen them on profiles a good bit.
    It's a normal infraction but it comes up as 'private' if we don't have access to the post that the infraction was placed on (e.g. if the post was deleted or is in a private forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

It's a normal infraction but it comes up as 'private' if we don't have access to the post that the infraction was placed on (e.g. if the post was deleted or is in a private forum).

I never realised I had so many infractions.

You should get a PM notification everytime you get an infraction so you should know about them at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

You should get a PM notification everytime you get an infraction so you should know about them at the time

Yes, it's one way to get PMs alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

You can see your own infractions, no one else can see them except Mods or Admins

but why do I want to see my own infractions,

every time I go into my CP I'm being told I'm naughty

but that was YEARS ago ,

give a guy a break I haven't been naughty in AGES

why don't these expire from view

MooseJam wrote: »
    but why do I want to see my own infractions,

every time I go into my CP I'm being told I'm naughty

but that was YEARS ago ,

give a guy a break I haven't been naughty in AGES

why don't these expire from view

I don't know to be honest, maybe they are there as a reminder, some people seems to need reminders more than others though

It is useful for Mods to be able to see them all the time, it can help us when it comes to giving someone the benefit of the doubt or not as the case may be

maybe there is a hack that can turn them off for non-mods, you could request it in the site development forum, I would imagine though that it wouldn't be high on the list of priorities unless it is quick to do and deemed a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've never really liked infraction display. I think it's OK to issue one with a ban maybe, or a red to a muppet, but sometimes, especially the yellow ones, seems like a lazy way to automate issuing a warning, and the permanence of it seems to outweigh the crime.

I can see the point of them giving mods a heads-up on somebody if they have a abnormal amount of red ones for acting like twats, or the automated site-ban thingy, but there is something about the display of them to other mods that irks me.

I only have a few so I'm not grinding an axe. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Neither did I until I counted them :eek:

Advertisement