Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels in Melbourne?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

With transfers from the airport....would people recommend open dorm rooms or private rooms..going as a couple...checked hostelworld.com...seems good but would like to get opinions here first.
    Do they have lockers for your belongings, luggage etc??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It should say on hostelworld whether they have lockers for you, it varies from hostel to hostel. You should buy some small locks for your bags anyway.

It's up to yourselves if you want a dorm, personally if I were going with a girlfriend I'd be less inclined to go for the dorm option as I'd want more privacy, etc.

But certainly for independent travellers dorms are the business. It's much easier to meet people that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ireland art

i am on my way there now so i will update this thread in the coming months!! or by then hopefully there will be some good reccomendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

The shuttle bus from the airport will do transfers to hostels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Lemondrop kid

i am on my way there now so i will update this thread in the coming months!! or by then hopefully there will be some good reccomendations.

Yeah, its very hit n miss. I came across cheap hotels, better than hostels for 15 dollars more - so keep your eyes/ options open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Habitat HQ in St Kilda does a free transfer from the airport if you are staying 3 nights or more. Its more of a hotel than a hostel on the double room floors, think its 45 dollars a night per person sharing. Id recommend it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement