Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom system issue affecting 500 customers?

• 14-12-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been without broadband since around the 21st of November. My DSL light on my modem is red.

I have done all the usual bits, unplugging everything, connecting modem direct to master socket. Called Eircom who said they would send an engineer out within 3-5 days. 5 days passed, I rang again and they said they weren't sending anyone out because it turned out my broadband had been transferred back to my old address, due to a system glitch, which is currently affecting 500 customers. Should be resolved in a few days.

I called again a week later - still no broadband - they told me it could take up to December 15th. Tomorrow is the 15th and I still don't have any broadband.

Getting a bit annoyed now paying for it.. anyone else 'stuck in the system' with this problem of their BB being moved to their previous address?

My phone line is working I'll just add that note. I'll ring them again tomorrow afternoon..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

that sounds like an eircom support lie to me. It should be a simple process to reactivate DSL on the line, especially if the line is active and functioning correctly. Seems like they've done something else, and are trying to figure out what it is.

I'd stop paying right now if I were you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Initiate eircoms complaints procedure, details are on their website at the very least you want a refund of charges during the period your offline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Got on to a family member who used to work for them and they got it sorted this evening..(after much hassle over the phone)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

You get the credit sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

They credited me €25. Which I don't think is enough, they said they waived the €29.99 moving home fee, I was under the impression it was free (customer service agent told me, when I originally rang about moving).. but then again, maybe, I didn't hear her mention the charge.

Anyway, seems my BB is downloading at 0.69Mbps and uploading at 0.29Mbps.. I'm paying for 3Mbps. Guy living here before me was getting 7Mbps and his DL speeds came pretty close to this.

Eircom say there is interference on the line so going to have to ring them when I get home to go through the usual plug, unplug business and see what happens. /tired

• Advertisement
Advertisement